How do you store your pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you store your pants?

I am rearranging my closet. I have pants hangars that hold 4-pair each on one hanger using plastic clips. So, they are not folded, just hanging straight down.

What do you believe is the best way to store pants? Folded? Hanging, folded over a hangar? Just hanging with no fold, etc? I am looking for the best way to make them last and prevent ironing as much as possible.

Glock13, most of us have specialized pants closets. These closets have pant-shaped poles in pairs that are roughly the width of an average male leg. We slip the pants over these poles (called "pant leg dowels" if you're looking for them in a hardware store). This keeps the pants in their proper leg shape. A typical closet holds 12-14 pant leg dowel pairs.

Comment

I already have those made for my sweaters. Didn't know you could make them for pants too...

Comment

LOL nice... to answer the question, I hang mine on clip hangers so they're not folded.

Comment

I duno nothin bout no pant leg dowels but uh, I hang mine folded over a hanger. I wish I had the room to clip them on hangers. But unfortunately I don't have the room right now. I'm sure the best way if you can spare the long hanging room would be JC's way.

Comment

Tat, clothes dowels have been around for years.

Glock13, I've coveted a nice sweater dowel closet for a while. Did you go with the Prussian Parade style of closet, or is yours from a kit? I know that IKEA stocks both pant leg dowels and sweater dowels. The model names, if I remember correctly, are Ergut and Vislek.

Comment

LOL nice.

Hang your pants, either folded or straight. I have two rods in my closet, one above the other. Folding them in half lets me store more stuff in the same space. I don't have issues with wrinkling. Make sure you are not using wire hangers for anything.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Bruschetta, I know! Once you have them, you can't live without them. Mine is from a kit...love the Prussian Parade though. Classic. Leave it to IKEA to come up with some funny names for such a serious and essential item! Silly guys.

Comment

You can also get human dowels for storing your friends and family members on when you aren't using them. Most humans come pre-fitted with a dowel insertion point on the back. Very convenient.

Comment

I doweled your mom.

Comment

Working...
                    X