how to get creases out from a blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get creases out from a blazer?

Hmm, not sure what happened but apparently I got a huge crease across the body of one of my new blazers. It's a 44% wool blend with poly and rayon making up the rest. Seat belt pressed against it maybe? Anyways I i feel like it would be a waste of money to take it to the cleaners; I'm thinking this is something that I'll probably encounter more in the future and should learn to take care of.

I tried the shower method, but I guess that only works for wrinkles and not a long crease across the body. Is the next step to iron it? I am suppose to place a pillowcase between the blazer and iron and just go to town at it from what I understand. Is this correct?

Try a steamer. The steam from the shower probably wasn't direct enough. That only works for small wrinkles.

Comment

vinegar! http://www.ehow.com/how_4436002_iron...ses-pants.html just boil water to distill it. I tried it on some chinos i got at a thrift that had permanent creases, and it got them out. Should do the trick. the smell of vinegar will go away after a few minutes

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Thanks for the vinegar link, that's interesting. Agree on the steamer. If you don't have one wet a handkerchief (ring it out) and iron the blazer over it using a temp setting appropriate for polyester.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Working...
        X