Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beefcake
    replied

Wearing my dark brown Cords and a oxford today. Going out a few places.

Leave a comment:

• VinnyV
    replied

Anyone celebrating National Corduroy Day today?

Leave a comment:

• TheMeInTeam
    replied

I wear my brown BR cords pretty much the same way I wear jeans, except that I wait a little bit later into the fall before I break them out.

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

Depends on the office?

In my office people only wear jeans (except for the VP, outside sales, and consultants). Until recently I was one of the few people who wore dress slacks with my button-ups because I refused to "dress down". I've since switched to the twill Levi 514s in different colors as a compromise. I like how low maintenance they are, and the different colors give me more options.

Leave a comment:

• gilla
    replied

what style of cords do you wear? by this i mean do you wear ones with side slit pockets like khakis or 5pocket ones styled as jeans?

I have 2 pairs of cords that I wear and they are both 5 pockets ones (Levis 514s and American Eagle ones) can I wear these to the office or is the 5 pocket style of them too casual?

Leave a comment:

• glen_delossantos
    replied

I turn mine inside out, like my denim. Some people like the look of worn in cords, though. I have a pair of both.

@Barron - nice to see you here on the threads. I thoroughly enjoy reading both of your blogs.

Leave a comment:

• barron
    replied

Cords are pretty durable, though I always do the normal cycle (never that rough shit) with my clothes. I think what you should worry about more is the color and fading, especially for the nice inky cords. Keep em with like colors and wash in cold water, inside out like you would denim.

Leave a comment:

• Beefcake
    replied

Here's another Cord question. Any special way you should wash your cords?

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

Cord Rule (IMO): Wear either a cord jacket or cord pants, but not both.

Leave a comment:

• matt_chang
    replied

I wear cords with a nice casual belt (brown leather w/ gold/silver buckle) and a button down for work. Have only received compliments around the office.

Leave a comment:

• Ben
    replied

definitely. It can be as dressy as you make it. Corduroy sport coat, I've even seen good looking corduroy suits, not that I would wear it. Just keep the wale small, and keep them slim, and you're good to go. Everyone else in the office dresses like shit anyway

Edit: Jcrew and Polo RL both make pretty decent, not super expensive cords

Leave a comment:

• Beefcake
    started a topic Corduroy

Corduroy

Weather just turned great to throw on some Cords. I got a great dark brown pair of Levi Cords. I thought maybe we could use this thread to go over some Cord rules and Cord questions.

I'll start it off.

People recommend wearing cords as a way to mix up your casual style but, how formal can they be? Is it okay to put on a dress shirt with them and go to the office? Whats the limits?

Working...
X