Can you iron Spandex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you iron Spandex?

I have some shirts that are 97% cotton 3% spandex and was wondering if ironing them on the "cotton" setting is no biggie.

Not the cotton setting for sure... MAYBE the coolest setting available. MAYBE.

Comment

I used to have some 1MX Express shirts that I could never get all the wrinkles out of, no matter what combination of drier heat + iron heat settings I used. Steaming helped but they always looked "casual". I gave up and just took them to the dry cleaners, and they nuked them for me. Eventually the spandex just went away. As comfortable as the shirts were they were hard to care for.

Short answer; heat will damage spandex. The minimum setting on the iron won't do anything for wrinkles. Pick the lesser of two evils?

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I to own a couple of Express TX8's. and those are a stretch material which has spandex in them as well. I dry cleaned them the first 3 times they needed cleaning, and now past couple years, I have washed & ironed them myself. The spandex subsided for the most part, but did not ruin the shape or material by any means.

Comment

Working...
        X