Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyinghippo
    replied
    how does this compare to the Express Photographer wool blazer http://www.express.com/clothing/cott...3046/cat560005

with the current $50 off $150 code, it comes out at $148+tax, I tried it in store, fits well.

Is this price good for a blazer from Express?

Leave a comment:

• javadave
    replied
    The 42 r I bought was 28.5 from collar base to bottom of the blazer. That is common 42s sizing.

I'm 6'1 and I need at least 30" in length.

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied
    I'm 6 feet and all of LEC's blazers are too short in my size.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    How tall are you guys? I've tried on about 2-3 of their tailored fit blazers and they fit me great. But I am also 5'8".

Leave a comment:

• javadave
    replied
    you are right Jake. Love the blazer but its 1.5" too short! If they offered a long version I would grab it but as it stands I had to return it

Leave a comment:

• Jake101
    replied
    just a heads up, I purchased it and returned it, it's REALLY short

Leave a comment:

• javadave
    replied
    Thanks dappertert - i will have to try it. I have to get minimal padding due to my shoulders so this might work. The casual look appeals to me because some blazers look too smart/formal for jeans. Too bad I missed that x-mas sale but sub 200 still isn't bad

Leave a comment:

• dappertert
    replied
    I bought the earlier LEC Anderson Blazer which I think is the same thing with a different name. I think I recognize the same reviews I saw before. I bought it for half price after Christmas in a store.

It's fairly lightweight and the wool has a texture to it. (Hopsack maybe? I don't know my fabrics.) Color is a regular sort of navy, not the real dark navy that you would confuse with black. It's cut pretty slim with some waist suppression. My small gut is just barely able to fit into it when buttoned. It's half-lined or quarter-lined (I don't know the difference) in chambray. Mine is just big enough to fit me with a shirt on; I can't wear a sweater under it. It's a little hard to take on and off because of the slim cut and because it doesn't have the slick synthetic lining that most blazers have. But it fits me like a glove.

It has no shoulder padding at all, making it a casual sort of blazer. Personally I would have preferred a little padding since I don't have very strong shoulders. I have to make sure my shirt fits properly because if there is extra fabric bunched up under the blazer, it shows.

I think it's very nice although the lack of shoulder pads makes it look different than a typical blazer. I have a Jos A Bank blazer that is more structured and made with a smoother fabric and slightly darker, for when I want a more formal look.

Leave a comment:

• javadave
    started a topic LEC Heritage Blazer?

LEC Heritage Blazer?

With the current 25% off sale going on right now I am looking at the Lands End Heritage Blazer for under $200. I searched and didn't find any information or reviews here. http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-h...244375_-1.html

Anyone have this blazer?

It looks like a solid wool blazer with soft shoulders and a tailored fit which is what I am looking for. The J Crew blazer ($300ish) to me looks too much like an orphaned suit jacket and may not dress down easily.

I know free shipping and returns eliminate risk but wanted to sample the board for any reviews.

thx - Dave
Working...
X