Sebago Beacon Boot - Toe Splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebago Beacon Boot - Toe Splitting

I have a pair of Sebago Beacon Boots which I have been wearing for a few months, but unfortunately the seams on the "moc" toe are splitting towards the laces where the shoe bends when I walk. The two pieces of leather now move away from each other when the shoe is bent, but it is not completely splitting because it is stitched. I was wondering what my best option would be to preserve the life of these shoes. Back when I skateboarded, I used to use this shoe glue to glue my skate shoes back together. I was wondering if that would be a good option. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

FYI these are the shoes, I'm talking about.

http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/u...all-2010-1.jpg

Try contacting Sebago customer service. They might replace or repair them, or at least have some suggestions

Comment

I got mine from Bonobos about two months ago but wear them maybe once or twice a week. I wonder if this is something I should in mind...how often have you been wearing them?

Comment

Depending on where you got them and how long ago, I might ask for an exchange from the retailer.

Otherwise, do like JC says and contact Sebago. They might repair or replace under some kind of warranty.

If neither of those avenues gets you anywhere, then you can consider fixing them yourself or even taking them to a cobbler to see if they can be repaired that way.

Ben

Comment

JC and Ben, that's a good idea. For some reason, I never even thought about trying to get a replacement.

Chern, I only wear them about two or three times a week since September, but when I do, I'm usually on my feet the whole time.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if it's that the part around the moc toe splits open a bit above the seam, then that's something that's happened to me with every single boat shoe I've owned and I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Working...
            X