Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear an undershirt for collared shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sal_orlando
    replied

Apparently these Sleek FX undershirts at Target are a new item, and are made by Tommy John, which are quite a bit more expensive and highly rated. They seem good so far, I recommend checking them out.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

I just got a 2 pack of some white undershirts at Target from a brand called Sleek FX. They are 95% cotton, 5% spandex, pretty trim, soft, and very long. Only appropriate for wearing as undershirts but that's all I would use them for anyway. $17 for the 2 pack.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

Interestingly, Ribbed Tee must have a google alert set for their name. Their customer support contacted me about the issue I mentioned in this thread about one of my ribbed tees unravelling at the hem, and they're sending me a free replacement 2-pack. Pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• andrew_ryne_carlson
    replied

Agree with BenR

Leave a comment:

• edgewood
    replied

Wearing undershirts is a habit. Some need to/many do not. But I found the habit to be unnecessary. For me, quitting undershirts has been liberating! It may be worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied

In the height of the Florida summer, an undershirt is necessary if you're wearing a shirt that sweat easily shows through.

In fall, winter, and a bit of spring I don't wear one under things like polos. But I still wear them under dress clothing (I'm not taking any chances with sweat).

Leave a comment:

• edgewood
    replied

I recently started going without undershirts (t-shirts under buttonup shirts) and love it! I had worn them pretty religiously all my life until I made the experiment for a week. It takes a little getting used to, but if you are careful to use a non-aluminum deoderant, it works fine. I notice lots of younger guys are going without undershirts. It's been a great switch for me.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

Man I don't know how you guys do it, I wore an undershirt, oxford, and thin v neck sweater yesterday and I was sweating sooooo much! I don't think I can wear undershirts, I end up sweating more into my shirts with it on than without!

Leave a comment:

• Tat
    replied

I always wear an undershirt with t-shirt. And rarely wear one with dress shirts. lol. a wife beater rarely. I don't like extra material when tucking in a shirt.

As far as deodorant, nothing beats Old Spice line. Their sport line is awesome, lasts all day for me. No stains ever, goes on clear, stays on clear. I also use their body wash.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

most deodorants don't have aluminum in them. its the anti persperants that do.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

A tiny bit of baking soda works better than any deodorant I've ever tried. I'll never go back to anything else.

Leave a comment:

• MagM
    replied

I use one of these for my deodorant needs. No stains, no smells, I'm happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

only if it's cold or I'm worried about sweating through the shirt (e.g. a suit)

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

I get hot easily so I usually only wear undershirts in winter.

I wear heather grey v-necks because I don't like the shirt to show when I unbutton the top button on dress shirts. As BenR mentioned, I've found heather gray usually works for most dress shirts as it doesn't have as much contrast with my skin as a white shirt.

I've heard ribbedtee.com ,mentioned on Dappered before. I'm coming from a place where I used to buy Kirland & Haynes undershirts 4 / $10, so spending $10 / undershirt feels weird to me. I bought mine at Old Navy for about $4.50 ea (on sale). Their medium fits me snug and they are tagless.

Also, regarding deodorant: From what I can tell it's the aluminum found in deodorant that causes the staining. I've switched to aluminum-free deodorant years ago and don't have any stains on my new clothes. It's not sexy, but the cheapest most-available (any grocery & drug store) brand I've found is the Arm & Hammer Naturals line:

http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Essentials-Natural-Deodorant/dp/B00289DQ48

Changed my life.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

I got some ribbedtee white v-necks... Not worth the extra money, to me. One of mine is coming apart at the bottom hem, and they don't really feel any better than the cheaper Jockey ones (non-ribbed) I got on sale at L&T.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X