Business Casual Shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Casual Shoes?

So, I have an internship this summer where I will be working in a "business casual" workplace. I figure that I will be wearing chinos and a button down most days with maybe the occasional sport coat. I need some suggestions for shoes. I would like to spend less than $200 but I need something that is fairly versatile.

Right now I have some JM driving shoes, and a pair of Burgundy Rockport cap toe oxfords which are actually surprisingly nice looking.

Thanks!

I got away with these two for years (along with a pair of cheap Clarks and Bostonians):
    Merrel Tough Glove

Vivo Gobi

I subscribe to the minimal stuff, but I have been getting into "nicer" shoes like AE. I've added gray McTavishes, Lubbocks, and Yumas to the rotation.

I guess my point is that business casual varies widely. No one ever noticed the Tough Gloves, but the McTavish and Lubbock garner a lot of attention when I wear them.

Unless you want new shoes and these aren't just to have a nicer pair for work to "fit in" I think you'll be fine with the ones you have. Wear the nicer of the pairs that you own the first day of work and pay attention to what others are wearing.
    Last edited by Xeones25; April 19, 2013, 01:08 PM.
    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

I hate to sound like a broken record but look on Ebay for Allen Edmonds. If you are patient and thorough in your searching you can get two pairs of for $200. I would grab brown 5th Ave and Black Park Ave. If you want something less conservative look for penny loafers (an American trad staple) or wingtips.

Comment

In most business casual offices, what you have will be fine, especially as a summer intern. Unless you have some info that makes you think it will lean towards the formal side, I would save your money.

Comment

I agree with MikeAD91- save your money- if you feel you really need something - look at JCP's Claiborne brown bluchers. They are $60 and look good enough to show you taste while cheap enough so you can go out and drink afterwards. Luckily the shoes will look good in both the office and the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
            I hate to sound like a broken record but look on Ebay for Allen Edmonds. If you are patient and thorough in your searching you can get two pairs of for $200. I would grab brown 5th Ave and Black Park Ave. If you want something less conservative look for penny loafers (an American trad staple) or wingtips.
            I'll continue breaking the AE on eBay record. It really is the best option, in my opinion.

Comment

Ebay, more brands

Ferragamo
              Magnanni
              Mezlan
              Alden
              Crockett & Jones
              Church
              alfred sargent

Comment

I hate when the interns around here wear drivers other than on a Friday. Also don't show socks other than when sitting...embrace some break.

Comment

I'll disagree with you JBarwick, no break when the proper length looks better as mr Beckham demonstrates

You would JUST see a little bit of sock at the sides.

Vs the extreme break

Comment

Let me rephrase then as I agree with you shad0w, if sock shows all the way around because someone wants to show off their Happy Socks, leave that for after work because then I would classify that work environment as being more casual.

Comment

Working...
                    X