Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gargao
    replied
    Well dammit, I tried them on and they felt like custom shoes because they wrapped around all the wierd places on my foot. Just like what you all said. So I bought the, wish they had a E width but since it was very forgiving all over it's not a big deal. I wish it was an everyday shoe, maybe a brown on brown would do, but they are sleek and sharp.

Oh and I had going into the store, I walk in wanting one, I walk with two. I picked up an chocolate suede amok for 99$. That's Clark DB range and with leather sole. Also way sleeker.

Time to cut up my credit card! No shoes for the rest of the year! Well until the next AE sale...

Leave a comment:

• jeff4
    replied
    I think the brown/linen is the best looking of all the versions, and I was very tempted when I saw it for sale in my size on amazon for $150 last year. I passed, because I think it just wouldn't be wearable most of the year. Don't think I can pull it off.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    I have the brown/brown but originally wanted the brown/navy. I just ended up going with what the outlets had during the 2 for $200 sale last year. I really like these shoes. My feet get hot in the summer and I have a hard time dressing up for that reason. These are a pretty nice compromise that way. They are dressy yet casual and can go from chinos and a decent button up to trousers and a blazer.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied
    I have brown/brown, it's the only AE shoe that I will say is very comfy conforms to my heel and everything VERY nicely, looks quite dressy casual really and how I expected all 5 last to fit and that's why I went buck wild on ordering the 5 last...that's how good the shoe is.

I wear them to work and out and about, very versatile.
    Last edited by shad0w4life; April 19, 2013, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gargao
    replied
    I think navy and dark brown won't stand out too much and will lean toward the conservative. Also if you are like me and have to stand all day. I like the idea of the mesh expanding with my feet as well.

Leave a comment:

• AENYC
    replied
    I'm interested in hearing as well...these type of shoes always seem a bit much for me.

Leave a comment:

• gargao
    started a topic Shoes: AE Stawfut

Shoes: AE Stawfut

So I am going to the outlet center to pick up a pair of sandfords that are being stretched. I will be also looking at the Strawfuts (Navy and Brown) since they are on sale. I am really considering them for 178. A little on the pricer side of what I like to pay for shoes but just last week I jumped on a pair of Neumoras in brown that were in my size.

What do you all think of them?

I would wear them I suppose with navy pants? Brown (light and dark) pants? I teach in the south so I would be dressed in I guess business casual. No full on suit but my clothing choices through the week is (Tie with blazer, Tie no blazer, No tie, polo/short sleeves, Jean day) I pretty much wear dress shoes through out the week, maybe sneakers or bucks on Friday, but these will probably be worn a Wed and Thurs shoe.

Hmm I don't know... I can always wait and see if no one buys them and see if they go to the clearance rack. Decisions Decisions.
Working...
X