No announcement yet.

Prom...twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When thinking about the cost differential, remember that the rented tuxedo should be much, much higher in quality than anything you can get for $300. Let's compare apples to apples, after all. If you adopt the mindset that the $300 is part of the sunk cost of the event (to look your best), then Mikey would really be leveraging his $300 to get access to an outfit that would cost several times more (and hopefully look appreciably better).

Think about it this way: a girl may drop $100-$200 on hair styling for prom that lasts all of 6 hours (less if Mikey's smoooooth ). What's so bad about dropping $300 for a really slick high-end tux?
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DXLi View Post
      When thinking about the cost differential, remember that the rented tuxedo should be much, much higher in quality than anything you can get for $300. Let's compare apples to apples, after all. If you adopt the mindset that the $300 is part of the sunk cost of the event (to look your best), then Mikey would really be leveraging his $300 to get access to an outfit that would cost several times more (and hopefully look appreciably better).

Think about it this way: a girl may drop $100-$200 on hair styling for prom that lasts all of 6 hours (less if Mikey's smoooooth ). What's so bad about dropping $300 for a really slick high-end tux?
      I was under the impression that rentals were cheap pieces of garbage that didn't fit well... at least that's what every site I've seen so far has told me o.O If this does not hold true, I'd like to be enlightened haha.

In addition, the main draw to me of getting a purchased tux is that I do have a 10 inch drop, and therefore the odds of anything fitting me OTR are pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
        I was under the impression that rentals were cheap pieces of garbage that didn't fit well... at least that's what every site I've seen so far has told me o.O If this does not hold true, I'd like to be enlightened haha.

In addition, the main draw to me of getting a purchased tux is that I do have a 10 inch drop, and therefore the odds of anything fitting me OTR are pretty bad.
        I've also always had the mindset that a rented tux is never going to be high quality if you're getting one from Men's Warehouse or anything like that.

Comment

Personally, I say go for the ASOS navy tux. Why not. It will still be cheaper than renting 2 shitty tuxes. Just make sure you dont destroy it at the first prom.

Comment

Originally posted by pdx_nate View Post
            Was I the only person who didn't change body shape since high school? I still have a few shirts, polos and tees that fit me fine and I'm 25 now.
            I'm the same 145 lbs I was in high school. MAYBE I'M NOT "THE NORM".

Comment

Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
              I'm the same 145 lbs I was in high school. MAYBE I'M NOT "THE NORM".
              Originally posted by pdx_nate View Post
              Was I the only person who didn't change body shape since high school? I still have a few shirts, polos and tees that fit me fine and I'm 25 now.
              I hate you both.

Remember, people, the most important thing is that Mikey has a fun experience that he remembers for years to come.*

*Translation: he sleeps with two different women in the span of a single week.

Comment

Working...
              X