Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooster out of JCP

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/business/...UmnQQV3aWeacZI

Like the article says, another one bites the dust.

Comment

Based on the article he seems like a poor fit for their corporate culture from the get go. I think it would have been nice if he stayed around. Ideally, I think he would have been best positioned to lead a division within the private brands that focused on attracting new and younger customers. That way they would not have alienated their existing customer base as much.

Looking forward to picking up what I can on a major discount.

Comment

Wow- it's interesting to see this JCP story unfold like this- hopefully more stuff will start to clearance out!

Comment

I'm not surprised. I can't believe that they hired him in the first place. I was really excited when I heard about though. I liked the direction they were going in. I really wanted JCP to succeed. I liked what they were doing, but unfortunately most of America did not. It just did not appeal to their base consumer. I think that the turn around may have worked if they had done it in the right way. They went too fast and alienated too many customers before gaining new ones.3

Comment

The writing was on the wall for this a few weeks back. If you checked their website, Nick's Picks suddenly disappeared. At that point you knew he was done there.

Comment

I wonder if he left of his own accord, or was shown the door.
              Ben

Comment

Looking forward to the JCP version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaGxhpD1NZ4

Comment

Stupid, but expected.
                  "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

And, like the CEO, was replaced with the guy who held the position before.

I can understand Nick upsetting the apple cart, and it appears that he wasn't loved by the employees there, but it's too bad. I imagine he would have left on his own accord after Ron Johnson was fired. This new approach was probably why he signed on in the first place. I think he had some great perspective, and in an interview with Esquire or somewhere, he talked about how great an opportunity they have with stores nationwide, and carrying tons of sizes, that they can have off the rack great fitting suits for every man in America.

Oh well. I'll just keep buying from JCF.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                      Stupid, but expected.
                      Don't be hard on yourself bud. You'll upgrade one day

Comment

Originally posted by frost View Post
                        Don't be hard on yourself bud. You'll upgrade one day
                        Hopefully you didn't think my comment was directed at you or your post? It absolutely was not. It was about Wooster getting the axe.

If that wasn't the case they I guess I don't understand your comment.
                        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Hopefully you didn't think my comment was directed at you or your post? It absolutely was not. It was about Wooster getting the axe.

Don't worry about it... Frost just has a weirdly hostile fixation on anything and everything JCP-related.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Don't worry about it... Frost just has a weirdly hostile fixation on anything and everything JCP-related.
                            Don't forget brown shoes!

Comment

My bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X