Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one have an "In Person" pic of the JCF Oxford Cloth Blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Here are some pics.

Natural lighting:

Close-up:

Fluorescent lighting:

The only tailoring I had done was shortening the sleeves.
    Looks good. How much did you pay to shorten the sleeves?

Comment

Haha, wow. Thank you SO much. Just grabbed it. I really don't need another casual blazer (navy cotton/linen, navy Kensington, cream linen Murano) but I've come into a nice amount of tax refund money and well, I have been looking and looking for a warm weather gray blazer. Living in Houston there's much more use for warm weather/casual blazers than there is for more wool blazers in my wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by RunDadRun View Post
        That looks fabulous. Anyone going full suit in this thing, or just blazer? I have a couple summer weddings and am considering the full suit. The versatility of the blazer plus a light color warm weather suit is really appealing.

Also, being fully lined, is it too much for June in the Midwest?
        I have the full suit, though I'm not really planning on wearing it as a suit very often. Maybe if a summer wedding pops up (none on my radar so far).

No bones about it, this suit will be warm in hot weather, but that's true of any suit, regardless of material. Even seersucker won't keep you from sweating buckets when it's 90┬░ and 95% humidity.

Originally posted by fash1on View Post
        Looks good. How much did you pay to shorten the sleeves?
        I paid $34 but my tailor is expensive. As I recall, other forumgoers pay $20-30 or thereabouts.

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
        Haha, wow. Thank you SO much. Just grabbed it. I really don't need another casual blazer (navy cotton/linen, navy Kensington, cream linen Murano) but I've come into a nice amount of tax refund money and well, I have been looking and looking for a warm weather gray blazer. Living in Houston there's much more use for warm weather/casual blazers than there is for more wool blazers in my wardrobe.
        I actually like this jacket/suit because it's summery, but still relatively formal. It's definitely a few notches dressier than something like the Kensington.
        Ben

Comment

merona oxford right?

Comment

Originally posted by fash1on View Post

merona oxford right?
            I think so - their "tailored fit" oxford. This is the first time I've worn it with a tie and I'm not sure it works, I bought it more for summer casual wear (hence the bright color). I think it looks better casually, without tie.
            Ben

Comment

Can't wait to get mine tailored...

Going to be a while.. I broke my wrist last weekend

Comment

Oh absolutely more formal than the Kensington, of which I'm appreciative as there aren't too many places I can wear that without feeling sort of frumpy (it doesn't look nearly as good on me as some of the other forum members).

Comment

Anyone have both this and the corded to compare?

Comment

Originally posted by zmac View Post
                    Anyone have both this and the corded to compare?
                    Yeah, I've splurged a bit recently...I actually took them both in to my tailor today to get the waists more suppressed. I like them both and they will both fill different needs - corded as a summer suit, the oxford as a light (mostly) grey blazer (because I didn't get the pants, just the jacket).

What do you want to know?

Comment

I guess just a color and weight comparison (photos?). I would probably only buy the jacket in each for use as a spring/summer blazer and for summer weddings (quite a few in my future).

I guess i could buy both and just return the one i don't like.

Comment

I can't get you any photos for about two weeks, as they're being taken in. The oxford cloth looks a lot like a light grey blazer to me. It's got some depth to the color, which I think is a really cool thing. The corded cotton has a much smaller pattern, but doesn't really resolve as a single light blue up close - it's almost shark skin-ish at a 15-20', but also not quite, which might be the least helpful sentence I've ever written. At handshake range, the two colors play off with each other a bit. The corded cotton feels lighter to wear and has less lining.

If you want the lighter one, as well as the more unique color and pattern, the corded cotton will be your huckleberry. That said, I imagine my oxford cloth jacket will see more use as I don't have a lot of summer weddings in the future and it will pull duty as my light grey blazer after I had to retire my Bar III.

Comment

Gotcha. That's all helpful. Thanks. I dont dislike the oxford color, I just already have an Indochino essential gray and a gray herringbone blazer. That said, the oxford color is unique and the fabric looks great.

I got the gilt coupon waiting to be used. Originally I was going to buy the navy Thompson suit, but prices went up so I'll probably wait. I might just get both the corded and oxford and return one. The problem is I was going to get 2 sizes and don't really want to pay for 4 jackets haha. Decisions....

Comment

I coulda got the full suit for $125 at Easter, and I resisted. now I am regretting it. Ugh....

Comment

Thanks LesserBlackDog... I pulled the trigger on the full suit. I live in Texas so a light weight, light grey suit is probably acceptable for 3 seasons. Not to mention the jacket can be worn with jeans year round. TBD on the fit especially of the pants but I figured it was worth the risk at $215 shipped.

Comment

Josh (or anyone else), how did they look once back from the tailor? Are you able to share some photos? I am interested in seeing what the corded cotton looks like in real life haha

Comment

Working...
                                X