Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one have an "In Person" pic of the JCF Oxford Cloth Blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have an "In Person" pic of the JCF Oxford Cloth Blazer?

I seem to remember a few of y'all saying you bought one. I was wondering if any one had a real life picture of the jacket? I am thinking about buying one as my grey semi-dress blazer and possibly add the pants later.

Comment

I'm picking mine up from the tailor today. I will try to remember to take pics.
      Ben

Comment

Here are some pics.

Natural lighting:

Close-up:

Fluorescent lighting:

The only tailoring I had done was shortening the sleeves.
        Ben

Comment

BenR, looks great. I'm sorry to pester you about this thing, but how does it feel? What's the weight like? Is it actually about as thin as an oxford shirt?

Comment

BenR that's freaking incredible. I'm heading to a JCF store this weekend to return some stuff from the 25% off sale and I'm going to give this a try. It looks almost gray, and I really do want a casual gray blazer so this might be perfect.

Comment

@ BB - The actual material is pretty lightweight. Maybe a hair heavier than shirting material, but barely. Because the jacket's fully lined, though, I wouldn't classify it as a shirtweight-style jacket. But I have to say, the quality of the material feels much nicer than that on the wool Thompsons. It feels soft and flexible, almost like I could sleep in it.

@ LosRockets - The color in-person is a light grey that leans slightly blue. I actually bought it as a warm weather alternative to the grey tweed jacket I like to wear in winter.
              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; April 18, 2013, 07:29 PM.
              Ben

Comment

Thanks for the information. It looks really good, and I am tempted by it, but... Fully lined? Why would they do that? I thought these new JCF ones were quarter lined for some reason.

Comment

Joe reviewed a couple of the new ones... I think some of them are half- or quarter-lined. The corded cotton maybe?
                  Ben

Comment

Trying to decide between this and the corded. The material on the oxford looks nicer, but I like the lighter color of the corded.

Comment

Yeah, looks like the JCF seersucker and corded cotton are half-lined, while the pique and oxford are fully lined.

Comment

That looks fabulous. Anyone going full suit in this thing, or just blazer? I have a couple summer weddings and am considering the full suit. The versatility of the blazer plus a light color warm weather suit is really appealing.

Also, being fully lined, is it too much for June in the Midwest?

Comment

Well, that did it. I've got one on the way. Between running across this thread and Gilt City reminding me that my 25% voucher expires this Sunday, the conditions for an impulsive purchase were right.

Comment

Frantically trying to acquire another Gilt City voucher. Really want to buy this thing. If someone has a voucher and isn't planning on using it, please let me know!

Comment

I got you....

FGCXHF5A2

Comment

Working...
                              X