Anyone have GAP selvage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have GAP selvage?

Got a great deal for two pairs and I was wondering if anyone else has experience with these. Possibly a pic of an aged pair.

I bought a pair from the factory store a few months ago. They have lost a fair amount of their colour but are still a dark wash. Annoyingly they have a white strip of fabric on the right pocket that has picked up some of the indigo. They are decent and I like them enough but my Levi's are higher quality.

FYI I'm not religious about jeans. I wash them and didst bathe them in vinegar.

Comment

I got a pair of the slim selvedge back in December or January. I just wanted to try them on to see what the big deal is with selvedge (even though they are not the best representation according to others). They fit well and when I saw that they were mistagged at $40 and it was 40% off the entire store I had to buy them for $25. I have worn them a handful of times and they are loosening up a little bit, but I still think they could stand up on their own. My only complaint is that the inseam is 2" too long. Apparently, the 30" inseam is with the cuff and 28" is only available online, so there's no way they would have honored the price. I just wear them casually anyway so it's not a big deal to leave them cuffed.
      Also, in reading the reviews online, there were some issues with the quality of the denim and the ones without the stitching on the back pockets are better (which are the ones I scored).
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Dpdk View Post
        I bought a pair from the factory store a few months ago. They have lost a fair amount of their colour but are still a dark wash. Annoyingly they have a white strip of fabric on the right pocket that has picked up some of the indigo. They are decent and I like them enough but my Levi's are higher quality.

FYI I'm not religious about jeans. I wash them and didst bathe them in vinegar.
        Huh. Mine haven't lost any color at all. I haven't washed them yet, but they didn't seem to transfer any dye when I first got them either. Weird.

Comment

I have some of the new ones (no stitching on pockets) and love them. I cuff them, but knocked the cuff down a bit in height. I do not wash and they are breaking in fabulously. I have noticed a fair bit of dye transfer, but no more than my 501 STF's. I don't think fit pics would show much break in at this stage. But I will try.

Personally, I think the denim quality is much higher than standard Levi's.

Comment

@rundadrun--I agree about the quality. They seem indestructible.

Comment

Great. Looking forward to my incoming pair
              Last edited by TheMimbo; April 11, 2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMimbo View Post
                Got a great deal for two pairs and I was wondering if anyone else has experience with these. Possibly a pic of an aged pair.
                What are the detail of this deal?
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                  What are the detail of this deal?
                  They simply priced matched another pair of jeans I sent back so I got the selvage at lower price. Originally purchased a pair of slim straights, then added some skinny fits on to the order as I've read that they fit slightly snugger then a slim fit, but not tight as with other skinny jeans.

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                    X