Khaki Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khaki Blazer

I feel like I need a summer blazer (anyone else feel like jackets are all the rage right now, kinda like it).
    Thinking about this Khaki Blazer from Bonobos...http://www.bonobos.com/khaki-washed-...blazer-for-men specifically for a cruise I will be taking this summer. I want something that is less formal for the days where a suit is not required. What do you think? How would you/do you wear yours? I was thinking it could go well with some off colored (not khaki obviously) chinos and some nice dark jeans.
    Open to other suggestions as well if you have any.

The Bonobos link isn't loading for me right now but you may want to consider the Stafford slim fit sport coat in khaki if you want to go a bit cheaper. I got it in navy and it fits me perfectly. Normally I need to shorten sleeves but 38R fits me perfectly.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/c...imVal=stafford
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Another (cheaper) suggestion that often appears on dappered is the Target Kensignton Blazer

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...s/-/A-13806434

Its more dressed down than the bonobos one, but it is $140 cheaper. I bought one last year, and wore it all the time during the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
        The Bonobos link isn't loading for me right now but you may want to consider the Stafford slim fit sport coat in khaki if you want to go a bit cheaper. I got it in navy and it fits me perfectly. Normally I need to shorten sleeves but 38R fits me perfectly.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/c...imVal=stafford
        This. They're still $80 too. I just saw them in store today. IIRC the sleeves have functioning cuffs, luckily the sleeves seem to be of a normal length. IMO its miles ahead of the Kensington because it comes in chest measurements rather than s,m,l. I am between sizes in the Kensington and sizing up made it feel like I was wearing a chino tent.
        Last edited by MarkB; April 9, 2013, 09:33 PM.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by davidw25 View Post
          I feel like I need a summer blazer (anyone else feel like jackets are all the rage right now, kinda like it).
          Thinking about this Khaki Blazer from Bonobos...http://www.bonobos.com/khaki-washed-...blazer-for-men specifically for a cruise I will be taking this summer. I want something that is less formal for the days where a suit is not required. What do you think? How would you/do you wear yours? I was thinking it could go well with some off colored (not khaki obviously) chinos and some nice dark jeans.
          The body of that jacket is on the short side. One of the others suggested might serve you better.

Comment

I like some of those options. I do agree that the jacket is shorter than most, I feel like that adds to the casual nature of the jacket, true, or no? I guess what I am saying is I am not sure if the shortness should, or shouldn't, bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw25 View Post
              ...for a cruise I will be taking this summer. I want something that is less formal for the days where a suit is not required. What do you think? How would you/do you wear yours? I was thinking it could go well with some off colored (not khaki obviously) chinos and some nice dark jeans.
              I saw this outfit in a new J.Crew editorial:

I gotta say, a khaki blazer with white chinos looks pretty damn good. Adds to the marine look which would be perfect for the cruise you're going on. Also maybe use some linen? Like a linen shirt or dress pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Marijn G View Post
                I saw this outfit in a new J.Crew editorial:

I gotta say, a khaki blazer with white chinos looks pretty damn good. Adds to the marine look which would be perfect for the cruise you're going on. Also maybe use some linen? Like a linen shirt or dress pants.
                I own a old navy tan blazer from a a year ago. That thing fits like a glove. i think i wore it in a WIWT thread. I like the look of this picture cept for the horizontal stripes. i need some blue suede shoes. Like Marijn said, linen shirt would look much nicer here
                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
                  Another (cheaper) suggestion that often appears on dappered is the Target Kensignton Blazer

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...s/-/A-13806434

Its more dressed down than the bonobos one, but it is $140 cheaper. I bought one last year, and wore it all the time during the summer.
                  I feel like i am the only one that doesnt like the Kensington! Its fit is terrible, and the SML thing makes finding a proper fit impossible.
                  "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                    I feel like i am the only one that doesnt like the Kensington! Its fit is terrible, and the SML thing makes finding a proper fit impossible.
                    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                    This. They're still $80 too. I just saw them in store today. IIRC the sleeves have functioning cuffs, luckily the sleeves seem to be of a normal length. IMO its miles ahead of the Kensington because it comes in chest measurements rather than s,m,l. I am between sizes in the Kensington and sizing up made it feel like I was wearing a chino tent.
                    I feel the same way.
                    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

What do you guys think about the Bonobos option I posted above? I will have to look into the linen shirts/pants now too!

Comment

Working...
                      X