Dumb question re: extra button tags on new shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question re: extra button tags on new shirts

I know this is probably a newbie/dumb question, but several of my new shirts have a tag on the interior left-hand side with extra buttons that irritate my skin when I wear it without an undershirt. Should I be cutting these off before wearing them and just keeping them in a Ziploc bag or something?

If it's causing irritation, you could cut them off and keep them all in one place, with a sewing kit perhaps.

I personally leave them there because I don't generally get irritated by them and if I need them they're right there with the shirt.

Comment

Matt, I cut these off, stick them in a drawer, and manage to lose them. If you ever have to replace a button, your tailor can replace it with one of his own, or replace them all for ~$5.

Comment

I have a drawer full of buttons. Too bad I don't know what goes with what so if I ever need one, I'll be sifting through a ton of junk trying to find the right one.

Comment

How many of you have actually lost a button on a shirt?

I still have all mine thankfully so I seems to be a rare occurance.

The only one that I had button issues with was POS overpriced Express 1mx shirts.

Comment

I keep all of my extra buttons in a baggy. Never know when you might need them and they take up hardly any space.

Comment

I have a habit of fiddling with the fourth button down so they occasionally get lost, and a few months in Delhi getting your shirts laundered by having them pounded on rocks broke a few buttons. But it is rare.

On the other hand, trying to match a button is often a futile endeavor so I'm sure to keep them in one place. Now if only I knew where that place was.

Comment

I actually lost a button in the wash. I found it when I took the clothes out and then spent too long trying to find the shirt it went to. That was a Bonobos shirt. I just sewed it back on.

Comment

Working...
                X