Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon strands or Brown Burnished calf, which one to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourbon strands or Brown Burnished calf, which one to keep?

All,

Needed some perspective. I have the strands in brown burnished. and it is my favorite pair. I recently bought the strands in Bourbon. However I feel the color are somewhat close. I am a bit divided as to whether to keep the dark brown strands, or the bourbon colored one.... Please help.
    Brown Burnished Calf
    28.57%
    Bourbon
    71.43%

I like the bourbon strands more tho imo.

Comment

I would keep both. If it was me and I could only keep one it would be the brown pair, but I like the bourbon color.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        I would keep both. If it was me and I could only keep one it would be the brown pair, but I like the bourbon color.
        I will take side by side pictures tomorrow. The bourbon is like a rich medium brown. I am really divided, but can only keep one on the two.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore..._bourbon_l.jpg

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore...rk-brown_l.jpg

Comment

If you're going to wear these more formally, keep the dark brown. More casually, keep the bourbon.

Comment

Personally, I'd end up getting more wear out of the bourbon ones, so that's what I'd go with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chareth View Post
              If you're going to wear these more formally, keep the dark brown. More casually, keep the bourbon.
              +1 this.

Comment

I own both and I wear the bourbon a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
                  I own both and I wear the bourbon a lot more.
                  thanks for the input.

Comment

If you're an 11D/E, I do accept donations from those in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
                      If you're an 11D/E, I do accept donations from those in your situation.
                      lol. Unfortunately it is a 9.5D. For now I will ruminate on this. I am thinking of keeping the browns, and swapping the bourbon strand with the larchmont in bourbon. that will give a bit of variety. I still have not worn them, so I can return swap them if I change my mind.

Comment

Here is a pic of the two side by side.

Comment

There's less of a difference in shades of brown than I thought so I would definitely keep the bourbon even if you do wear them formally alot. It looks like it has more character, but isn't flashy or anything.

Comment

Strand in brown, larchmont in bourbon. I imagine you'll get a lot of wear out of both.
                            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by technojinn View Post
                              thanks for the input.
                              To elaborate. Eevn though the shades aren't all that different, the dark brown looks a little better when paired with a darker navy/gray suit; however, I feel like the bourbon is fine in everything but the most formal situations. The bourbon looks much better than the dark brown with jeans and chinos. I alternate wearing the dark brown/bourbon to work depending on the nature of the suit I am wearing. I only wear the bourbons on weekends or with more casual dress. Hence, the bourbon gets much more play.

Comment

Working...
                              X