Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Men 30% off today. Is it worth jumping on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicious49
    replied
    I picked that same Cardigan up for about 50% off but neither myself nor the wife were overwhelmed by it so I sent it back.

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied
    Got this a while back. Tons of compliments.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=326068002

I sized down to a Small for the desired fit.

Leave a comment:

• louisvillesmuggler
    replied
    I had to size up for the polos - the M was skin tight

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied
    I picked up the red pocket polo when it first came out and am wearing it today as it is going to be in the 80s here. I am very impressed with the fit and it seems to be well made.

I was going to get the blue pants yesterday but I was unsure how versatile they would be outside of wearing them with a white dress shirt.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied
    To those that have tried on the Mad Men jackets, how is the hight of the arm holes? What other jackets would you compare the arm holes to, better or worse than . . .?

Leave a comment:

• printyra
    replied
    imo, the only things worth pouncing on in the Mad Men collection are the plaid sport coat and the shawl collar cardigan:

blazer: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=235829002
    cardigan: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=326065002

Leave a comment:

• AntonM
    replied
    I decided to pass. I usually don't find much value in BR shirts(they generally don't fit me), but pants, sweaters and jackets fit better than most other options. I'll wait for the next sale.

Leave a comment:

• Ian619
    replied
    I picked up the Mad Men Navy Plaid suit. I was browsing at like 11PM PST yesterday and the Man Men code was live and the 30% off for cardholders was still active. I also got my Banana Visa during F&F so I am still in the 60 day window for 10% off and had $80 in rewards. $168 shipped after tax, so I pulled the trigger. I had tried on the jacket before and thought it was nice (fabric by Marzotto), so I think that was a pretty good deal. Hopefully they honor it with the stacked codes!

Leave a comment:

• louisvillesmuggler
    replied
    Originally posted by Chareth View Post
    I find it ironic that people complain about JCP going back to perpetual sales when no one seems to mind that BR has been operating this way for years now.
    I would say that BR is better quality than JCP. Excluding the OCBD

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied
    Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    Boom. Great point. J Crew Factory, Lands End, and BR all operate like this.
    It just bothers people because that model involves the MSRP - retail price without sales - being artificially higher to create the deal incentive. Since JCP was pricing things at the price they were willing to sell them at all of the time instead of relying on the advertising of sales, they already openly stated what their lines were worth, and now those very items are moving into the guise of rolling sales.

I think it would have been fine had they waited for new items and at least pretended they were making things worth their higher prices before the obvious perpetual sales.

Leave a comment:

• bjmcgeever
    replied
    Originally posted by Chareth View Post
    I find it ironic that people complain about JCP going back to perpetual sales when no one seems to mind that BR has been operating this way for years now.
    Boom. Great point. J Crew Factory, Lands End, and BR all operate like this.

Leave a comment:

• Chareth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    I've done better in the last few weeks so it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    IMO I doubt it because Mad Men stuff is almost always excluded. Which is to say today's 30% off isn't a bad deal if you see something you like. But I rarely shop at BR and always ignore the Man Men collection so I'm sure others here can speak better to it.

Leave a comment:

• AntonM
    started a topic Mad Men 30% off today. Is it worth jumping on?

Mad Men 30% off today. Is it worth jumping on?

I know most like to wait for 40+% off to pull the trigger on BR items, but with the usual restrictions, is today's 30% off sale worth taking advantage of? If I wait it out, do you guys think there will be an opportunity to pick up a couple of jackets and pants at a better price?
Working...
X