Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fit question - Eastland Falmouth 4 eye moc shoe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fit question - Eastland Falmouth 4 eye moc shoe

    Hey Gents,

    Contemplating pulling the trigger on a pair of Eastland mocs I saw on sale. What's the fit like? Sometimes I am in between a 10 and 10.5 and am wondering which way I should lean. I don't have any comparison with other boat-style shoes.

    Thanks!
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

    #2
    I assume you're not looking at the Made in Maine Falmouth? I know how those fit, but I have no experience with the regular ones or the 1955 edition.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Chareth View Post
      I assume you're not looking at the Made in Maine Falmouth? I know how those fit, but I have no experience with the regular ones or the 1955 edition.
      No, it's a different version but it's the same shoe so I assume they'd be close?
      "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

      Comment


        #4
        It's possible, but the Made in Maine are made by Rancourt, whereas the regular ones and the 1955s are made overseas. They're definitely not made on the same last, FWIW.

        Comment


          #5
          I actually just had a pair of 10 and 10.5 of the Falmouth made in Maine in my possession. The sole size is exactly the same on both. The difference seem to be the amount of room in the toe box. These do run a little big so if you are a true 10.5 and will be wearing them without socks then get the 10. CXL is known to stretch too. I ended up up keeping the size 10.

          Comment


            #6
            Hmm. Ok. Thanks for the info.

            Regardless, do they run true?
            "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

            Comment


              #7
              They run half size big. I am between a 10.5 and 11.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by roklobster View Post
                They run half size big. I am between a 10.5 and 11.
                Hey roklobster, thanks for your feedback.

                Are you talking about the style I was referring to or the one's Chareth was referring to?
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                Comment


                  #9
                  I had the falmouth limited edition. It rain about TTS, I ordered both 11.5 and 12 and the 12 was better, especially if you plan to wear camp socks or the like with them sometimes (which you should!)

                  I disliked the leather quality so I returned them though

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Margotron View Post
                    I had the falmouth limited edition. It rain about TTS, I ordered both 11.5 and 12 and the 12 was better, especially if you plan to wear camp socks or the like with them sometimes (which you should!)

                    I disliked the leather quality so I returned them though
                    Interesting, that's the style I am looking at.
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by roklobster View Post
                      I actually just had a pair of 10 and 10.5 of the Falmouth made in Maine in my possession. The sole size is exactly the same on both. The difference seem to be the amount of room in the toe box. These do run a little big so if you are a true 10.5 and will be wearing them without socks then get the 10. CXL is known to stretch too. I ended up up keeping the size 10.
                      The sole being the same length on two sizes sounds right. I asked Rancourt once about outsole measurements between two sizes and they flat out wouldn't give me any numbers because they said it would be misleading since they re-use the same sole for different sizes sometimes.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                        Hey roklobster, thanks for your feedback.

                        Are you talking about the style I was referring to or the one's Chareth was referring to?
                        It's the made in Maine model from Rancourt. I would highly recommend going with that if you have the budget. They come on Gilt sometimes for around 160. Horween Chromexcel is one hell of a durable leather. It feels about twice as thick as most other cheaper leathers like the imported Falmouth.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks everyone for the feedback, really appreciate it!
                          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X