No announcement yet.

Rustic Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jason, Greg & Yacko for the great insight.

Jason: I can not compare my bags to SBL since I've never owned one. Other folks out there own both and they speak highly of RL.

Greg: Really good idea about making my "Just make it right" policy more apparent. My lovely wife Lisa is really good at customer service & takes care of our customers.

Yacko: I agree with the testimonial thing & like you, don't place much weight on them when they are on a company's website... but I am proud to say that each and every one came from a happy customer. If you look at our Etsy shop (where the "Purchase" button on our site takes you) the feedback there can not be manipulated or deleted by a shop owner. http://www.etsy.com/people/RusticLeatherCo/feedback

Anyway, it's a pleasure to interact with you & I will be checking in from time to time.

Dave

Comment

Hey Dave thanks for stopping in.

I like your bags and will certainly consider them when I am ready to make that purchase. One thing I noticed though is the logo right on the front of the briefcase. It really throws it off for me. Could you make them without?

Comment

maybe not without, you obviously want to (and should) brand your product, but maybe more discreet

Comment

@Ben

Well, many great things don't have logos on them. My beloved backpack has no logos on it, but rather a cloth tag stitched inside where it will be seen when I open it. My favorite shirts don't have logos, nor do my favorite pants.

I'd be more interested in these if they had much quieter, or nonexistent, logo placement.

Comment

Yeah, I mentioned that when I first posted the link. I really hate logos on things, and that's one advantage the Saddleback bags have since their logo is on a bag tag that can be easily removed. A logo-less version would be great.

Comment

While I'm not as adamantly against logos, not a huge fan but it doesn't always break it for me, I do think products can be easily logo-less. When a product speaks for itself from design and quality, you become an ambassador for they brand by using/wearing it. Then, even with no logo, when people are complimenting you on your bag, pants, whatever, you tell them where you got it and how great that company is.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Ahhh the logo... another often mentioned topic.

The logo size is 1 1/4" x 1 3/4", not really that big. I did a poll on our Facebook page (over 3500 fans) asking whether we should move the logo or keep it put. It was fairly close but keep it put was the winning vote.

Since the logo is embossed on the leather it can be removed if one so wishes. With a little water & flexing the leather back & forth over the logo it will begin to fade. The more you work at it the less visible it becomes. After that, once the bag has been conditioned, the logo disappears. NOTE: Shhhhh, this process is an insider secret... companies generally want their logo seen.

Dave

Comment

Dave, it would be great if you could make the logo optional rather than have to go to the trouble to try to remove it. I don't mind being an advocate for a product I like, but I hate being a branded advertisement.

Comment

agreed. I was thinking if it was embossed on the bottom of the bag, where it is not usually seen, or something on the inside, it would make the bag a lot cleaner looking on the front. the logo kind of throws me a little bit

Comment

Jason, Ben & all,

I will take your suggestions seriously to heart. Moving it from the front would certainly make for a cleaner look. Hmmmmmm now y'all got me thinking about this again.

Any other input from some new folks? Take a look and let me know if you think the logo should be relocated. www.rusticleather.com

Dave

Comment

How about on a luggage tag? Maybe a cloth tag stitched on the inside?

Bottom would be acceptable I guess.

Thanks very much for coming back and talking with us about it.

Comment

It is pretty innocuous, but as these products are handmade, it wouldn't hurt to offer a no logo or discreet logo option. A lot of gents on this forum are quite anti-logo (and most of the time who can blame them... Giant ponies anyone?), but in this instance it wouldnt be a deal breaker for me personally. That being said, I'd still prefer it moved.

Comment

Well after listening to your comments and some deliberation I have decided to look into what Greg S suggested. I like the idea that a logo (where it is) would be standard, but perhaps include a check box for "Discrete Logo"... maybe even a "No Logo" box. I have to see how this can be implemented into the website & Etsy's checkout procedure.

I really like having you guys as a sounding board, thank you.

Dave

Rustic Leather

www.rusticleather.com

Comment

Thanks Dave!

It's great from a prospective customer's perspective as well. There's lots of things I would buy if I could make a little tweak to it (like removing all logos from Polo stuff, for example).

Let us know how this goes, and feel free to drop in and let us know when you come up with new products, etc.

Jason

Comment

I've gotta tell you Dave, your willingness to come to this community with a question and take our suggestions shoots Rustic Leather to the top of my "next place to make a purchase from" list. It is very appreciated and demonstrates a dedication to customer service and satisfaction that many here are after. I, for one, am quite impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X