Rustic Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rustic Leather

Looks on par to SaddleBack with the double stitching and boot leather, but costs much less... What do you think?

http://www.rusticleather.com/index.html

I know it's cheaper than Saddleback, but it still looks awfully expensive to me.

Ben

Comment

Yeah, those bags look great, just like the Saddleback bags. No "100 year warranty" though. If only Copper River didn't use snaps, I may have bought one already.

I wonder how much it would cost to get one of these made for you. Like in another country. Say, Mexico.

Comment

Well, here's another couple options:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62182338...fcase-backpack

http://www.etsy.com/listing/65714987/handcrafted-artisan-genuine-leather

I really like the look of the Rustic Leather ones though... Thinking of seeing if he can leave off the logo

Comment

Nice find Jason. Really nice stuff. No 100 year warranty but looks like it would last that long.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I like the Rustic Leather Duffel. At $250 they are cheaper than the Duluth Pack all-leather duffel I was looking at:

http://www.rusticleather.com/Duffel.html

@ Glen: Or these

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...bag-58007.aspx

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...ase-71038.aspx

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Yeah, I love the duffel too. Unfortunately neither of those Duluth bags is big enough for my 17" MBP

Comment

The Duluth pack (not to be confused with Duluth trading company) all leather duffel is pricey, but if I were going to pay the money I would get one from their new bison leather line.

http://duluthpack.com/luggage/luggage-bags/duffels-bags/bison-leather-sportsmans-duffel.html

Then again, if I had $430 to drop on a duffel I'd own it already. I really dig the Rustic stuff. Especially the price tag.

Comment

@JC: You don't think the 16" Copper River Bags will work?

http://copperriverbags.com/16%20Journeyman%20Bag.html

Fits the width. And the height is only 0.5", but the flap can take that.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Well, it'd be .5 inches higher than the bag and the bag didn't look to be lined... I've had laptop cases crack before because there's not enough padding or room to absorb the shocks. I'd rather have a bigger bag with a padded laptop section or get some padding for that part.

'cause expensive as those bags are, they're like 1/5th the cost of my laptop.

Comment

Stop already! How can I restrain myself when you guys keep posting all these suggestions!?

NVM, don't stop. They're gorgeous but there's no way I can have one without spending more than I want to.

We're still talking about briefcases, right?

Comment

Hi All,

This is Dave Jasak, Head Honcho of Rustic Leather, LLC. I stumbled upon this thread while looking at my website traffic sources.

I find it interesting that many people are fixated on the 100 year warranty thing. Why is that? I am truly curious. I didn't offer such a warranty/guarantee because I thought it sounded gimmicky or hokey. 1) Will the company offering such an inflated guarantee still be there in 100 years? 2) In 87 years when your grandchildren have a problem with the product, will they actually know of... less care about such guarantee? 3) IF the company is still in business after 87 years & the grandchild knows of the guarantee, will they still have the original paperwork to claim such guarantee?

It just seems like a gimmick to me and I opted to "Just make it right". I believe customer satisfaction is paramount for any business to survive. If you have a happy customer, you have them for life. So, my model is to have and keep my happy customers. If something were to go wrong with your Rustic Leather product, we will make it right, period. Check our fan mail, feedback & testimonials... all happy folks.

I would be interested in hearing input on this since it's not the first time this topic has come up. Thank you.

Dave Jasak

Head Honcho

Rustic Leather, LLC

www.rusticleather.com

Comment

Hi Dave. Thanks for the note.

I think the 100 year guarantee is a bit of a gimmick. I was more interested in looking for very high quality, which was why I was interested in your product and seeing the double stitched seams and full grain leather. I'm glad to hear you stand behind your products so well. That's really what we're all looking for when we look for an investment piece that we splurge on to get the best quality so it will last.

How would you say your products compare to Saddleback and other leather bag makers?

Thanks again for coming in

Comment

Dave,

I think that most people here are about investing in a quality product, which rustic products clearly are. The "100 year warranty," while a bit gimmicky, I think just demonstrates to frugal consumers that a producer stands by a quality piece. I have bought from Dulith Pack in the past, in part due to their lifetime warranty and great customer service. It's nice to hear that Rustic stands by its products so strongly. Making that more apparent may be a great addition to your website. Either way, you have nice looking gear at a very fair price. Thanks for commenting here.

-Greg

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting. I agree with Greg S and JC. I bought my Copper River bag in part because of the 100 year warranty. I wanted something that wouldn't fall apart at the seams in year 1 or 2. By standing behind the product for X more years than I need it, it made me comfortable enough to make the purchase despite single-stitched seams, low price, etc. I didn't know about Rustic Leather or I would have considered it. Thought for me, at that price range, a bag is more investment than impulse buy. I would also like to know what makes your bags different (besides the functional/aesthetic details).

For me I don't place much weight on testimonials on new brands/products unless I either know the person or there is a huge volume of responses and ratings that follows a trend (Amazon). Not that Rustic Leather does this, but I've seen too many fake online testimonials.

Comment

Working...
                              X