Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Hollywood webgem?

http://m.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/c...ebGemHollywood

On the 1-last, which thus far is the best-fitting of the AE lasts on my inhumanly-flat feet. I just wish they offered this shoe in all brown. The highlights and laces are cool, and are a possible option for me (if they were a better price), but I'd probably jump all over a plainer all-brown version.

Anyone digging these webgems?

I have not really been a fan of the webgems to be honest. I did not care much for the grey shoe line they released and I dont really care much for those Hollywoods either.

I cannot recall the other webgems at the moment.

Comment

These are more toned down than some of the other styles, but the colored lining stands out. If you have 100 shoes and would like a red and blue lining, more power to you. But with 10 or fewer, just use socks for the color and get a plain vanilla shoe that can be paired with anything.

Comment

the plain toe in a pretty boring brown color with the loud highlights is an odd combo. i can appreciate the company's efforts in offering new products more often though; the ceo clearly knows how to move the company forward.

Comment

Meh.

Most of those grey webgems are now on clearance for under $200 (or $247 for the Park Ave) so if you like 'em and can wait a few months you'll probably save $100 or so.
          Last edited by Fred G. Unn; April 8, 2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I might buy a pair when they show up in the clearance section. I like the shoes and don't have a good pair of brown shoes, plus the 1 Last looks like it would be the ideal one for my feet and I would like a pair with the rubber combo sole for walking around when the ground is wet. I'm not paying $300 for it though. I don't mind the color either, I like louder stuff.
            Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

I don't have a pair of plain brown bluchers so I actually like these webgems. However, I've learned not to pay anywhere near retail for AE's.

Comment

I don't mind them so much either. I like them greatly more than similarly styled shoes over at Cole Haan.

I'm still trying to decide if I want try and be bold and buy a pair of the Seventh Ave. web gems.

Comment

Working...
                X