Help matching outfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help matching outfit

I have to go to a dad & daughter dance tonight at my daughter's school and she wants me to wear a suit. So, I need a little help from the Dappered community.

Do the Walnut Strands match well with this grey suit?

I've never worn them with this darker grey suit.

Which Tie do you prefer with this suit?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Juan; April 5, 2013, 10:29 AM.

I would say #3 with a white pocket square to round it out. Or better yet, let your daughter decide, I'm sure she'll like being asked her opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
      Or better yet, let your daughter decide, I'm sure she'll like being asked her opinion.
      Good idea!

Comment

I'd say no on the walnut strands. I think the grey is too dark for them. But I'm a bit more conservative when it comes to that so you might want to wait for another opinion.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the walnut Strands. I see Vicious's point, but it looks OK to me. Color-wise, I like tie #2. I also think it's a little more seasonally appropriate. However, that tie with the checks in the shirt might be a little jarring - it's a little hard to tell without the whole thing together. My advice is to try it on and keep that in mind when making a final assessment.

All of that aside, though, I'm on board with giving your daughter the final say. If the kid wants you in a tutu and clown shoes, go with the tutu and clown shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            If the kid wants you in a tutu and clown shoes, go with the tutu and clown shoes.
            LOL...this could be the reply from a 6 year old.

Comment

Yeah, you might want to put your thumb on the scale and offer a little gentle encouragement toward sartorial sanity. If it was up to my daughters, I'd have fairy wings on my back right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                I don't have a problem with the walnut Strands. I see Vicious's point, but it looks OK to me. Color-wise, I like tie #2. I also think it's a little more seasonally appropriate. However, that tie with the checks in the shirt might be a little jarring - it's a little hard to tell without the whole thing together. My advice is to try it on and keep that in mind when making a final assessment.

All of that aside, though, I'm on board with giving your daughter the final say. If the kid wants you in a tutu and clown shoes, go with the tutu and clown shoes.
                Just for a point of reference, is this the Thompson in wool?

I agree with all of this. If the check was more subtle, it would work better IMO. Might even go with just a white shirt and square and let the tie and shoes be the stars, but that's just me (and damn do I need to get me some walnut shoes).
                Last edited by MarkB; April 5, 2013, 12:29 PM.
                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Strands- fine
                  Tie #3

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                    Just for a point of reference, is this the Thompson in wool?
                    Yes.

Comment

I don't like the Strands with that dark a suit. My rule of thumb is to try to wear shoes that are as dark or darker in shade than my suit.

As for the ties, I like the first and third but not the middle (the red/blue check).
                      Ben

Comment

Working...
                      X