X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kilboua View Post
    Thanks guys- I was actually thinking the same thing. I really like this tie
    http://www.kentwang.com/grenadine-burgundy.html

could you guys give me some examples of a pocket square I could add to this outfit? I really have no experience with pocket squares.
    Also, do you think I should go french cuff or button cuff?
    very nice tie- "matching" a pocket square may be a little tough with that tie, you could try and get that exact color pocket square or you could think about getting a plain white pocket square. It would def be subtle but i feel like white goes with gray, brown and a nice white shirt.
    eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

Originally posted by Kevbo View Post
      you could try and get that exact color pocket square or you could think about getting a plain white pocket square.
      No, no, no, do not match your pocket square exactly with your tie. Doing so makes you look like you had your mom go to Mervyn's to buy you a pre-matched set.

You can never go wrong with a simple white linen pocket square with hand-rolled edges. If you don't know anything about pocket squares, go with it. If you want to branch out, you may consider a pocket square with a color that brings out some subtle color in another part of your outfit. Look closely at the cloth of the suit to see if there are any subtle color weaves. You could also do a pocket square with burgundy in it, but it should have a starkly different pattern, texture, etc. from the tie.

Additional reading from my second-favorite MW blog: http://putthison.com/post/391303605/pocketsquares
      Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Depends on the gray for me. I like light/mid gray with walnut leather, but not dark gray/charcoal (which that Thompson suit is).

Comment

Working...
        X