Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Navy Field Jacket - $25 in store only - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Navy Field Jacket - $25 in store only - Thoughts?

Hey guys,

I posted this on the "How does this fit" thread, but felt it could go here as well. Feel free to move it if necessary.

Anyway, just purchased this jacket, and can't really decide which color to keep it in ( Tommy, sorry to echo your post :P)

Here it is in gray, Size M

Here it is in OD green, Size S

I think the gray will be more versatile, color wise, but I like the look of the green better.

Also, the sleeve length of the small seems better than the M, as those can cover my palms, and I don't feel the cost of tailoring the sleeves is worth it in this case. I could most likely get away with a Small, as I wouldn't be wearing this with thick layers, as it's more of a "not too cold, but cold enough to warrant a light jacket" kind of jacket.

If you guys like it, check your local old navy - the one they have on their website appears to be different, as this one does not have a hood or buttons on the wrists.

Anyway, thoughts/recommendations/constructive criticism is always welcome.

I ordered one from AE that I'll probably return. I'll have to check this out in store tomorrow. The small fits you better but I can't tell if it restricts your movement. What're your chest and waist measurements?
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

The small definitely fits better, and I actually like the olive better than the grey. Olive is a really underrated neutral and there's really nowhere it looks more appropriate than in a field jacket.
      Ben

Comment

As others have already mentioned, the Olive in S seems to be the best choice. IMO, Olive makes the jacket much more interesting to look at than other neutral colors.

Comment

They didn't have a small olive at my Old Navy. May check the next closest one later in the week. They didn't have gray either, unless it was the almost black gray.

Comment

I checked this out in store. I preferred the gray one. The Olive is was a bit too green. like a lively green, whereas the gray is a was more neutral. Very good jacket for the price. Ended up getting one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
              I ordered one from AE that I'll probably return. I'll have to check this out in store tomorrow. The small fits you better but I can't tell if it restricts your movement. What're your chest and waist measurements?
              I don't feel it restricts my movement, personally - granted, I wouldn't want to do some serious acrobatics in it, but it's more than enough for casual movement and passes the "hug test" when it's zipped up - a little tight, but not bad.

My chest is a 38 and my waist is a 32 (not really, but that's the waist size I buy in pants)

I actually found the other one that I mentioned above - checked it out, and the fabric is very stiff, I like the way this one moves better.

I ended up returning the medium in gray and keeping the small in the olive green.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Comment

Good choice.

You don't need sleeves to be any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                  I don't feel it restricts my movement, personally - granted, I wouldn't want to do some serious acrobatics in it, but it's more than enough for casual movement and passes the "hug test" when it's zipped up - a little tight, but not bad.

My chest is a 38 and my waist is a 32 (not really, but that's the waist size I buy in pants)

I actually found the other one that I mentioned above - checked it out, and the fabric is very stiff, I like the way this one moves better.

I ended up returning the medium in gray and keeping the small in the olive green.

Thanks for the input, guys.
                  I'm about the same size as you and I found it to be a bit loose on my torso in small. Could probably layer up under it if you needed to.

Comment

Both look terrible to me. The sleeves look too billowy for the body on either jacket. You could cut them off and make it a vest I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X