Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothes for men 5'8" and under? (looking for designers/brands to sell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clothes for men 5'8" and under? (looking for designers/brands to sell)

**This is not an advertisement; only looking for ideas/feedback**
    We're about to launch a company (www.shortwear.com) focused on menswear for the 5'8" and under (~172 cm) crowd, aggregating brands globally and selling them to the US and European markets. At this stage, we're particularly interested in smaller/independent brands and wanted to ask the Dappered crowd for ideas of designers/brands that might be a good fit (no pun intended, seriously). Any ideas are welcomed!

Thanks!

http://www.carters.com/oshkosh

I keeeed I keeeeed.

My best friend is shorter (probably 5'6-5'7ish) and is also in very good shape with broad shoulders. He struggles to find well fitting clothes. I know he gets a lot of his basics and such from H&M but beyond that I cant offer you much help, but wish you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
      http://www.carters.com/oshkosh

I keeeed I keeeeed.

My best friend is shorter (probably 5'6-5'7ish) and is also in very good shape with broad shoulders. He struggles to find well fitting clothes. I know he gets a lot of his basics and such from H&M but beyond that I cant offer you much help, but wish you luck.
      Ha, nice one. Tell your friend about us :-)

Comment

Oh nice! I'm 5'6 so just under the average height build but have a thickness like someone taller. Would love to get some jeans in odd sizes like 31x29 or 31x28. And suits like in 38s.

Comment

H&M seems to do a good job carrying small sizes.

So this would be the answer to the Big & Tall stores of the world? Sounds smart.

Comment

I would also suggest J. Crew Crewcuts and GAP for Kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              I would also suggest J. Crew Crewcuts and GAP for Kids.
              hahah

Comment

I'm 5'7" with a 40" chest and I never have a problem finding decent fits at the Gap brands for (business/)casual wear. If your company were to, say, fill the void left in the short suiting world, I would be very interested. Unfortunately, my interest stems from my inability to find a retailer offering budget suiting in short sizes, so I'm not much help here.

Comment

Originally posted by obnoxious2 View Post
                  Oh nice! I'm 5'6 so just under the average height build but have a thickness like someone taller. Would love to get some jeans in odd sizes like 31x29 or 31x28. And suits like in 38s.
                  Completely agree; I'm around the same height as you (ok, ok, half an inch shorter) and often face the same issue. I think, say, jeans manufacturers, are leaving opportunity on the table by stopping at 30" or occasionally 29" inch inseams.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
                    H&M seems to do a good job carrying small sizes.

So this would be the answer to the Big & Tall stores of the world? Sounds smart.
                    Yup, a bit more...fashionable, though ;-)

Comment

I don't mean to be rude and its too late in any case, but I don't think the name "shortwear" will be doing you any favors. Just from an optical point of view. I'm not tall, and I'm not sure if I want to tell people I bought this shirt from shortwear. Something more catchy and unique to your company's personality might be better. Just an opinion.

Comment

Other than the aforementioned Gap brands, I've had good luck with J. Crew XS and Uniqlo XS.
                        Also give http://www.petermanningnyc.com a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          I don't mean to be rude and its too late in any case, but I don't think the name "shortwear" will be doing you any favors. Just from an optical point of view. I'm not tall, and I'm not sure if I want to tell people I bought this shirt from shortwear. Something more catchy and unique to your company's personality might be better. Just an opinion.
                          I'd agree with that.

I'm at the upper end of this range (5'9) so I don't really have any trouble finding clothes that fit as long as there's a 30" inseam. I suspect there is a market for people who need 28" or below though, since I rarely if ever see pants in that size.

Comment

Working...
                          X