Anything worth getting at Kohl's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything worth getting at Kohl's

So I've had a Kohl's card for a while and used to shop there, but ever since getting more into fashion, I've been uninterested in going there. I never see anything about them on this or any other fashion site.

Well, they keep sending me 30% off and my wife wants to go there to grab some new sneakers. Is there anything I should look at there? My current needs/wants are some nice pants and plain color dress shirts. I could use a couple of polos for the summer. I actually have a couple Sonoma polos that I got a couple of years ago and they are an amazing fit. The problem is, I don't think they still make the exact kind that I have (I think they are called washed polos, or something like that).

Anything that gets the dappered seal of approval?

I got two Chaps slim-fit suits from there this past Christmas. They're cheap (both price - like $60-70 on clearance - and material - synthetics), but they wear well, IMO.

I also have a few shirts from the apt.9 line that have gotten much wear in the past. Not the best in my closet, but certainly employable.

Also snagged a thin-puffer (oxymoron?) vest for layering this past winter. That was a Sonoma, IIRC.

When they have a sale on them, their watch selection isn't half-bad either. Some Seikos, Bulovas, Citizens, etc. there are pretty nice. Gotta be on sale though. Otherwise their prices are too high.

Oh yeah, and it seems like a few folks here at dappered have praised the Sonoma cords, IIRC. I haven't tried them, but maybe d a quick search in these threads if you are so inclined. Maybe not your interest at this time, season wise, but just a thought as they will likely be clearanced soon, if not already. Clearance racks at Kohl's is where it's at whenever I find myself there. Good luck!

Comment

Socks? Belts?

My wife used to love going there, but now we only buy baby's clothes there.

Comment

I buy underwear there. Their cheap Adidas boxer briefs. I have bought a cheap set of bedding sheets before too. If you need a junk pair of shoes to ruin at the beach or something, Kohl's is great for that too. I don't like their belts or socks. You can find well fitting clothing but the quality is miserable so it's good for one season.

In short, the quality of everything they sell is crap, but sometimes crap is perfectly suited for the job.

Comment

I've gotten some Nike apparel and socks there. I actually was able to find cotton nike socks which I prefer to the dri fit poly ones. Besides that, I hate to be a snob but there's just so many better options out there for a little bit more money.

Comment

I've bought Dockers D2s there in the past and I believe they also carry the slimmer fit D1s. I can usually kind find a good color and size selection of those at my local Kohls and they have held up great for me.

Comment

The Khols here has a good selection of Chuck Taylors and Clark's/Bostonians.
              http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Comment

The Marc Anthony line is actually really good slim fit line of clothing. The fit of the shirts is similar to Express Super Slim or BR's Tailored slim. The chinos are similar to D1's. The line also has a good selection of henley's, V-Necks, jackets and dress slacks. The suit jackets/blazers fit slim but are ruined by low armholes. With the exception of shoes and blazers, you can build a solid weekend/business casual wardrobe from Marc Anthony line

Comment

I got a pair of Levis 514 jeans there for $15 once. still can't believe that find!

Comment

I found some Levis jeans on sale once. When I used to wear Hanes t-shirts, I'd pick up a pack now and then there--the t-shirts are now my paint and work-out t-shirts. Underwear. Socks. Anything worthwhile more than that? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by atoms View Post
                      I buy underwear there. Their cheap Adidas boxer briefs. I have bought a cheap set of bedding sheets before too. If you need a junk pair of shoes to ruin at the beach or something, Kohl's is great for that too. I don't like their belts or socks. You can find well fitting clothing but the quality is miserable so it's good for one season.

In short, the quality of everything they sell is crap, but sometimes crap is perfectly suited for the job.
                      My closet has stuff from Kohl's from three or four years ago. It's fine and not falling apart.

Comment

I bought a decent-fitting pair of Sonoma cords in dark gray for $20.
                        Last edited by Johdus; March 29, 2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Everything I've ever bought from Kohl's tends to be of good quality, and I'd say something around half of my wardrobe comes from Kohl's. I've noticed the zippers tend to be dodgy on some of their outwear (when I was trying things on in store), other than that, their stuff has held up well for me.

I tend to just like going in and browsing through their watches and usually packed clearance racks. I wouldn't buy their stuff full price, but when I find something I like for $10 or $15 on clearance, I'm generally inclined to snag it. Shoes are always a miss for me as I wear a 14 or 15 depending on the type of shoe and they only stock up to 13 (even online).

Comment

I usually wait for a 30% off coupon and then go check them out. Sometimes I'll end up with some kohl's cash and buy a pair of socks or two.
                            I've gotten some pretty good deals on Levi's 514 and Dockers D1s.

I also bought 2 of the Marc Anthony cotton cashmere sweaters on clearance for $8 after Christmas. The medium fits me perfectly.

Before I started reading Dappered (and also was 20 lbs heavier) I bought a couple Arrow fitted dress shirts. They are too big now, but I wouldn't buy them again because they have sewn-in collar stays. I need to go donate them since they don't fit.

Edit: added in type of Levi's (514)

Comment

I'm glad that a few of you brought the Marc Anthony collection. I've seen ads for it and I was curious about the quality/value ratio on them. The times I've quickly swuing through a Kohl's I wasn't impressed with the cost for the MA suits. Maybe we could petition Joe to do a feature on them?

Comment

Working...
                              X