Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REVIEW] Charles Tyrwhitt Pants/Trousers: a review for posterior posterity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REVIEW] Charles Tyrwhitt Pants/Trousers: a review for posterior posterity.

Charles Tyrwhitt has a good reputation on Dappered Threads, Ask Andy, and Styleforum for its inexpensive extra slim fit shirts, but there haven't been any reviews of their trousers.

Until now.

I ordered three of their pants:
    1. Slim fit (previously tailored fit) navy chinos
    2. Extra-slim fit navy chinos
    3. Slim fit flat-front charcoal wool trousers.

Quality

The quality of all three trousers is excellent. The slim fit chinos are especially nice: they are a dark, rich shade of navy. The stitching looks as though it'll hold up, and the general appearance conveys quality relative to pants in the same range (Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, etc.)

The wool trousers are well-constructed in a medium, three-season weight flannel. I would rate the wool trousers at the same level as Brooks Brothers for about half the price.

The extra slim fit trousers are made with a non-iron fabric that was a lighter shade of navy. I like these the least because of the lighter shade and a slight sheen on the fabric, but they are of good quality.

Fit

I'm a relatively skinny guy at 5'11" and 155lbs. That weight puts me smack dab in the healthiest range of the NHS height weight chart. I typically wear pants with a 32" waist, but I can easily size down if I want a tight fit.

The slim fit trousers are very, very slim. The legs are perfect to my taste: slim with a slight taper. However, there is a downside. Here's the entertaining bit: I can not zip up the zipper on either pair of slim fit trousers.

The 32" waist on the Charles Tyrwhitt trousers are tighter than any pair of pants that I own. The waist was at least 2" smaller than identically sized pants from Suit Supply, Brooks Brothers, Bonobos, etc. I would find it entertaining if it didn't make me worry that I have experienced a sudden weight gain. (I checked and nope: no weight gain, no sudden bloating. The waist measurements of these pants are simply off.)

I wasn't going to bother with the extra slim fit pants after my failure with the slim/tailored fit, but then I thought to myself, "Bruschetta, think of the trouble that you can save a forum member who wants to purchase these in the future. Take one for the team. Also, your ass looks fantastic in all of these pants. Do you work out?" My inner dialogue is narcissistic.

The extra slim pants are slimmer in the calves and thigh with less of a taper. Strangely, I am able to zip the extra slim pants up with my shirt tucked in. These pants are skin-tight, but the waist is looser than the slim fit trousers.

Conclusion

Size up.

A fantastic inner dialogue.

Comment

Nicholas, thank you. I ordered a pair of pants with a 34" waist, so I'll see how those fit. Seeing the '34"' on my order when I'm used to seeing 30", 31", or 32" was a punch in the gut.

Comment

Skin tight like the AE skinny skinny jeans?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          "Bruschetta, think of the trouble that you can save a forum member who wants to purchase these in the future. Take one for the team. Also, your ass looks fantastic in all of these pants. Do you work out?"
          LOL.

Pics or GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chareth View Post
            Pics or GTFO.
            LOL!

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen. We demand proof.

Also, this is hilarious.

Comment

What exactly do you guys want pictures of? My apparently enormous gut hanging through a straining zipper? Ass shots?

I'll snap a fit pic of the 34" waist pants when they come in. My prediction? They will be incredibly baggy. Ridiculously baggy.

Comment

Don't be coy. You know know exactly what we're looking for.

But I'd be satisfied with more hilarious inner dialogue.

Comment

Finding inexpensive quality slim fit dress pants is a pain. The Lands End 608 fit is perfect, they don't have much of a selection though.

Comment

Exclusive image of bruschetta in between trying on pants: http://levantor.files.wordpress.com/...falo_bill2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
                        Exclusive image of bruschetta in between trying on pants: http://levantor.files.wordpress.com/...falo_bill2.jpg
                        LOL!

I was thinking more along the lines of Patrick Bateman, but I think you nailed it.

Comment

Guys, bad news. I asked Joe if I could post the type of pictures that you're asking for and he told me that this "isn't that kind of forum".

Now please excuse me while I attempt to pick up MILFs at Waitrose with this ass of mine.

Comment

Posting that NHS weight chart is doing wonderful things for my ego, thank you. Now let's see some pics.
                            6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

OP, you have not complied with repeated requests from the community. I will lock this thread if satisfactory pictures are not supplied to complete the product review. In the future, please do not torment others with vivid imagery that is not provided with a full complement of photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X