Chicago shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago shopping

Im going to Chicago for a weekend next month. Any suggestions for stores that I need to hit? I know for sure that I want to check out suit supply. FYI I will be staying in the Mag mile area.

Thanks!

This is a great guide to shopping in Chicago, broken up by neighborhood: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashiona...icago_edition/

I recommend Independence if you like Oak St. Bootmakers; it's their HQ. It's right at the northern end of the Mag Mile.

In that area, in addition to SuitSupply, there's an Allen Edmonds store, a Barney's, a huge Ralph Lauren that carries Purple Label...basically everything you could want.

On the lower end, there's also a big Zara and Nordstrom Rack, although I never understood why people come to the Mag Mile looking for deals...that's like going to Manhattan to look for cheap real estate.

Comment

I second the Independence store, just ordered another pair of Oak Street's. Best boots I have owned.

Comment

I remember a local place called Mark Shale in that area which was a classical Brooks Brothers-esque store. There is also a large Brooks Brothers on the ave, and just about anything else you can imagine.

Comment

Sexy timing. I'll be there next week

Comment

You're gonna love Chicago shopping, though I concur that the Mag Mile isn't where you'll be finding great deals. But in the South Loop you've got a Nordstrom Rack, H&M, Sears/Land's End, Macy's, TJ Maxx, 21 Men, Men's Wearhouse, etc. Midway up is an Express, another 21 Men, Burberry, Guess, Hugo Boss, a four-floor Banana Republic, etc.

I've been meaning to hit the SuitSupply up north. We should have a Men of Dappered meet up there sometime...

Comment

There's a suit supply?? I might get one MTM

I live in SF and all we're missing is a suit supply

Comment

Nobody mentioned Haberdash? haberdashmen.com There are two stores next to each other, both are great for browsing (particularly if you like Independence).

There is also a Jack Spade store right next to Independence. They've got Alden stuff, and the new Jack Spade watches.

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas, very helpful!

Comment

Working...
                  X