No announcement yet.

Opinion: Favorite Dress Shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Tailor or Blank Label. I prefer a spread collar.

Comment

Monday bump in case anyone has compared these two. Im mainly curious about the chest and arm differences.

Originally posted by Tirade View Post
      I tried on some Banana Republic tailored slim fits today and they fit well in the chest and waist, but were just a tad large in the arm area for me.

Has anyone compared these to the Charles Tyrwhitt extra slim fit? Im curious how the fit compares between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirade View Post
        Monday bump in case anyone has compared these two. Im mainly curious about the chest and arm differences.
        My experience is that the CT shirt has slightly larger arms and a fairly larger chest than the BR Tailored slim fit. Granted the differences may depend on your measurements. I'm an L in BR tailored slim and a 17 34/35 in the CT.

Comment

my favorite fitting for me has actually been the H&M premium cotton dress shirts, great fit for $40 ($32 if you use the email coupon over and over)

quality might be lacking compared to some of the other options but I haven't found a shirt with such a great fit and look for the price (tried brooks brothers ESF, banana republic tailored, CT Tailored)

Comment

I've recently been updating my dress shirt wardrobe with more slimmer fit shirts. For cheap, I've liked the Stafford Tailored fit shirts, a little big in the waist still though. I have a few Express 1MX Extra Slims, and they fit well, but wrinkle so easily. Even after dry cleaning, by the time I get to work my sleeves are completely wrinkled.

I've just ordered a Charles Tyrwhitt Extra Slim, so we'll see how that fits/feels. Next test will most likely be the Brooks Brothers extra slim.

Comment

I have a large drop from chest to waist and I have to either been buy online MTM or get shirts tailored to get that fitted look. My favorite shirt so far has been a nordstrom non-iron trim-fit with sides and sleeves slimmed up by my tailor. My Ratio shirts fit very well but bunch-up/pull when I sit down. This is my fault for not factoring in the shrinkage and I will likely order the next few with an extra inch around the waist and chest.

Comment

Working...
              X