Opinion: Favorite Dress Shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion: Favorite Dress Shirts?

What is everyone's choice for dress shirts? Preferably slim-fit and not overly expensive.

Presently my fave is the Express 1MX in the "fitted" option, which is their middle child as far as fit goes: modern fit, fitted, extra slim. Extra slim was too restricting (and pulling) for me. YMMV.

http://www.express.com/clothing/Men/.../cat/cat270001

They're currently running a 40% off deal too, which is good since they are pretty pricey normally. I got mine during a BOGO deal a while back with an additional coupon for signing up on their email list.

Some folks say they don't have the greatest longevity, taking some hits from laundering. I think Joe even covered that on the main site. I know he has discussed the 1MX quite a it there. Might wanna do a quick search there.

I also like the very affordable, and much Dappered-loved Target Merona Ultimate Dress Shirts, but they are no where near as fitted as the 1MX. Of course you could simply have them tailored. I snagged a few of them on clearance for $7 or so. Crazy. Again, Joe has praised these at length on the main site.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; March 28, 2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I'm a fan of Charles Tyrwhitt's Extra Slim Fits. The "$160" shirts have a nice thick material, and you can get them for sub $40 on a sale. I recently grabbed two along with a free tie for $80. Nice deal.

Comment

Charles Tyrwhitt also.

Comment

i get my dress shirts from Modern Tailor and Blank Label.

Comment

TM lewin

Comment

Nordstrom Trim Fit Non-Iron. Can usually find them at the Rack.

Comment

BB extra slim fit (picked up on sale from bb.com) also- BR Tailored Slim Fit ($25 or so on sale)
                eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

Tyrwhitt Sea Island cotton.

I actually ordered shirts from the Natty shirt promo because they claim they are 120s;If they aren't as expected I will rip them a new one.

Comment

Is the Brooks Brothers 3 for $225 Supima Cotton sale a good deal??

Comment

Its not a bad deal but go to the sale section and see if you can find any shirts in your cut and size. Also pick up the brooks card- corp. discount- i picked it up with a link in the brooks brothers thread and its legit, got the card and with that for the time being you save 25% which is pretty nice.

http://lite.corporateperks.com/offer.../uSource/HPOP4
                      eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

Hard to go wrong with CT, but my favorite are Hilditch & Key slim fit shirts. They drop to Ā£52 in July and December and at that price are by far the cheapest shirtmaker I've found that pattern matches the sleeves. Supposedly Spier and Mackay does but I haven't tried them (http://www.spierandmackay.com/) yet. Some shirts that are getting a lot of press (like Ledbury) definitely do not pattern match, and CT, BB, Pink, etc. doesn't do it either.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried buying tyrwhitt shirts from the uk site in pounds and having them shipped to the US? They're pricing is about 2:1 dollar to pound, when the conversion rate is closer to 1.5:1.

Comment

I tried on some Banana Republic tailored slim fits today and they fit well in the chest and waist, but were just a tad large in the arm area for me.

Has anyone compared these to the Charles Tyrwhitt extra slim fit? Im curious how the fit compares between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by helo227 View Post
                              Nordstrom Trim Fit Non-Iron. Can usually find them at the Rack.
                              +1 on this. One of the few OTR shirts that can accommodate a 10" drop and not look completely off.

Banana Republic would actually be perfect if they added maybe an inch or two in the chest, but no.

Comment

Working...
                              X