Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should my next watch be?

I currently have 5 watches:

Timex Weekender (T2N653) with red/gray strap and also an army green nato strap. From cheap Groupon deal.

Movado (2100002) simple formal dress watch on black leather strap. This one was a gift from the GF.

Seiko (SNZG17K1) Gunmetal Gray watch with black face.

Orient Blue Mako. Been featured on dappered a few times. Latest buy, loving it so far.

Seiko (SNK793) S/S watch with blue face. Moving this to a brown leather band since I have the Mako now.

What do you guys think I should get next? The Orient Bambino looks nice but i'm not sure if it would be redundant with the Movado.

I would get a white-faced Orient Bambino as the main whole in the arsenal seems to be a dressier/classic white-faced watch. I have it and almost wear it every day, it is phenomenal.

Comment

Wow. I have only one watch, a Timex, and several different NATO straps. I need more watches. Everytime I start to think about buying one, it begins to feel frivolous, though. But I need at least one or two more, especially something a little dressier.

Comment

@mister- I suggest a chrono- I have a similiar collection with a rose gold Bambino and a Mavado in gold and they are slightly redundant though the bambino is a burgandy/brown strap while the Mavado is black leather. The one listed below is a chrono Joe reviewed previously and that I'm telling the wife is a good idea for gift giving (I nice dress chrono)... this Seiko was just $120-ish last week on Amazon so if it's your thing, shop it first.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing that sets the Bambino out from the the rest is the raised crystal which is cool but a pain in dress shirts.

The other idea is a Skagan with subdial (white/silver faced)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AQIM2RXH87D04
        Last edited by ajk170; March 27, 2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I agree with the others that a white face would be a great addition. Either of the options the others mentioned are good.

Comment

What is your budget?

The Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic is a great watch and they have a model with white face/brown strap. I own one that came with the brown band and have swapped in an OEM black leather calfskin with a OEM deployant. It makes a great watch.

I have purchased all of my watches second hand and have had great luck. I have also been able to buy watches I wouldn't be able to afford new, including a vintage Omega Seamaster.

The BST forum over at WUS is a great source as is chrono24.com.

Comment

I think simple chrono with a tan or dark leather strap with a white/off-white face would round out your collection (ie this RW Freelancer):

There are many alternatives at almost all budgets (I think Orient and Citizen carry similar looks)

Comment

Something sporty on a leather strap, I'd say. Or else buy a few leather straps and experiment with your current watches.
                Ben

Comment

Got the Orient Bambino a week or so ago. So worth it, great watch. My pick for a dressy watch.

Haha, our watch collection is similar, except I have the ray instead of the mako and the modded SNZG. Both great watches!

Comment

Working...
                  X