Club Master Sunglasses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Master Sunglasses...

There was a thread recently about Kirkland’s Aviators and Wayfarers giving props on their great quality with limited but favorable reviews. I looked at them as well and kicked myself for buying RBs New Wayfarer a couple months earlier - basically overspending. So I don't want to repeat the mistake and have gotten turned onto RBs Club Master as a different look but wanted to know if anyone has some recommendations on solid variants. I realize this look is not the most popular, but I do like the classics. Plus, if I really like the look I may take the plunge for the RBs but if I find the sweet spot like what the Kirklands are for the Wayfarers than even better! Since I have the Wayfarers in Tortoise and an Aviator in chrome - I'm looking at black and gold for these. My usual suspects of stores have given limited results with Amazon having these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Thoughts? Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by ajk170; March 27, 2013, 02:05 PM.

I was one of those who gave props to the Kirkland brand sunglasses. I bought the wayfarers and I'm very happy with the purchase.

Those you linked to from Amazon pass the look test and the majority of the reviews are favorable. Sounds like they do run somewhat small, but Club Master sunglasses are typically on the smaller side, I believe.

Not sure on the quality of the Asos brand, but they do have free shipping both ways
    http://us.asos.com/search/sunglasses...Size=20&sort=3

Urban Outfitters has these...
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...ACC_SUNGLASSES

Comment

@Lukeduke- Thanks for the assist- I thought I looked at Urban Outfitters but totally missed those- those look like a ringer with the temple and arms both having that nub... plus free shipping and returns... I might just take the chance and hope they're gold and not chrome... but they sure look like chrome. But necessarily a show-stopper for me. Plus, this is what I love about this forum, I've never heard of Asos before and those look pretty bood too but those really look like the Amazon ones in chrome. But, it's great to know about these guys! I thought UO was a UK based store?
      Last edited by ajk170; March 27, 2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

H&M used to have a pretty decent Clubmaster homage. Not sure if it's still available. I have *numerous* pairs of their Wayfarer-ish offering, in various colors, which I use at, around, and often *in* the pool during the Summer. At $6 a pop, no worries about hosing them up.

Regardless, here's a different one that popped up in a search I just tried. No clue on the quality, just thought I'd pass it along.

http://ocshades.com/us/malcolm-class...re-colors.html

Comment

@yoyo- thanks for the tip- I haven't been in an H&M for a long time- never thought to look at those guys!

Comment

Do these look good on anybody? I know they've been popular lately and I try them on whenever I see a store selling them but I guess they're just not my thing.
            5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

@Redford- I hadn't notice that they were picking up steam in popularity again but I shouldn't be surprised- I think it's a hard look and it's about the size of the frames/lenses - I flipped through the pics on Urban Outfitter at people that posted (unfortunatley there was a lot of girls- not really what you want to see when you're looking for a masculine look) but even then - several examples of frames too big for a face. Even in sunglasses fit rules supreme. But the thinner frames of a club master work better on smaller faces/heads (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
                I've got those and I like them. They are cheap and I've had a pair break on me but I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of them.

Comment

Teej- they only one I see on UO is black and silver- I wonder if this is all they have right now or all that they carry. Also, are UO lenses the size of the classic clubmasters or new club masters (larger lenses vs. narrower lenses). No worries if you're not sure on the size. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X