Length of Tie Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of Tie Bar

Good Morning guys! All of my ties are either 2.5inches wide or 3inches wide. I was wondering what length tie bar is acceptable for these widths. I tried to do some research on my own, but I can't seem to find anything. Any advice for me.....

I'm sure there are "formula's" that adhere to strict ratios, measurements, and other bu***hit. As long as it's not wider than the tie itself it'll work. Beyond that, it's a bit of preference. Since you only use skinny ties, you'll have a greatly reduced pool to select from.
    Last edited by atoms; March 27, 2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Just by looking at the differnt tie-bar offerings and various websites and forums seems like if it looks about half the width of whatever you're wearing is a rule of thumb. I agree with atoms that so long as it's not longer you're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by atoms View Post
        I'm sure there are "formula's" that adhere to strict ratios, measurements, and other bu***hit. As long as it's not wider than the tie itself it'll work. Beyond that, it's a bit of preference. Since you only use skinny ties, you'll have a greatly reduced pool to select from.
        This sums it up well.

I personally won't wear a tie bar that's less than half the width of the tie at the point where I'm wearing the tie bar. It's too "trendy" of a look for me, but if you do less than half the width with a thinner tie then it would probably work so long as you have a fashion forward, younger style.

Comment

Originally posted by atoms View Post
          I am officially creating the Bruschetta Tie Bar Rule. Based entirely on my own preferences, this is the rule to follow with tie bar lengths:

Take the width of your tie. Subtract 1" from that length. Voila, you now have the optimal length of tie bar for your tie.

Joe3, You're welcome. I would be happy to take pictures of various lengths of tie bar if that would help in any way.

Comment

Can we get a sticky on Bruschetta's Rules?

Comment

Yeah 1.5 to 1.75 would be ideal. Also depends on how high you wear it. I'm peeved I bought the JCF tie bar on Dappered's suggestion before I realized most my ties are skinny. 2.25" long doesn't really work for me.
              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Working...
              X