Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Pocket Square

Here's my question:

Can you really wear a white pocket square with any color combination?

For example the other day I was wearing a pink shirt, hunter green tie, and a navy suit. I chose to wear a white pocket square because I don't have many of them and certainly not one in those colors (at least not yet). I felt that it might have looked kind of boring or out of place with the rest of the colors in the outfit. What do you think?

I don't like white with very light colors (white, light gray, light blue, etc.) But most men don't wear light jackets anyway.

White pocket squares are as versatile as white shirts or brown shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
      Here's my question:

Can you really wear a white pocket square with any color combination?

For example the other day I was wearing a pink shirt, hunter green tie, and a navy suit. I chose to wear a white pocket square because I don't have many of them and certainly not one in those colors (at least not yet). I felt that it might have looked kind of boring or out of place with the rest of the colors in the outfit. What do you think?
      I think it only sounds boring because you are describing blocks of solid color, not because those colors look bad together in the abstract. Some pattern or texture would go a long way toward making the items you describe work.

Comment

Yes you can literally wear it with anything.

Except a white suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
          Yes you can literally wear it with anything.

Except a white suit.
          +1

If you were to only own 1 pocket square, a solid white one would be best.

Comment

I think white is usually better than the same color as your shirt or tie. I'm not a fan of pocket squares that are identical to your tie or shirt (unless it's white shirt white square). It reminds me of the analysts on football pregame shows.

Comment

Working...
            X