Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know any NYC-based stores that sell Loake shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know any NYC-based stores that sell Loake shoes?

Specifically, Loake shoes at a not-insane markup since I just emailed a NYC shop about their pricing on Loake's 1880 line only to be told they sell them at $400 a pop. I get needing to turn a profit, but you'd have to be either rich or daft to pay an extra $150 to save yourself a 2-week delivery wait.

I ordered my Loakes from herring and they shipped via DHL, took about 4 days to Canada.

Comment

@shadow4life
      More than anything, I'd like to be able to try them on before buying. I ordered a pair of Loake's from Pediwear that took 2 weeks, but have heard Herring is much faster. By the same token, I've heard you're more likely to have to pay duties upon arrival.

Comment

BTW, most of Charles Tyrwitt's shoes are made by Loake. Depending on what you're looking for, they may have something almost identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
          BTW, most of Charles Tyrwitt's shoes are made by Loake. Depending on what you're looking for, they may have something almost identical.
          Yeah, this is probably your only choice. I think all the 1880 shoes that CT carries are also on their older 026 last. I don't think CT has anything on the Capital or Mayfair lasts. 026 is more round-toe, Capital has a soft chisel, and Mayfair is sleek/pointy.

Just one thing to note if you check them out is that CT's US sizes are only 1/2 size down from UK. So chances are good that you'll take an additional 1/2 size down from your regular US size.

Comment

Sky Valet in DC carries Loake too, if you just want domestic shipping.
            http://www.skyvalet1.com/Loake-1880_c_16.html

Comment

I know I've walked past a place either on Lex or 3rd that carries Loake too. I'm pretty sure it was Oliver Moore:
              http://www.olivermoorebootmakers.com/Contact_Us.html
              There's nothing about Loake on their website but it might be worth a call or email.

Comment

Second the Tyrwhitt idea. I got the Loake-made suede semi-brogue captoes and love them. Regular price $199. I got a half size down from my usual 11.5 US size.

Comment

Working...
                X