Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton Kelly

https://twitter.com/clinton_kelly/st...18237010337793

What do you think of him? He seems to take a number of personal style liberties but has a rock solid sense of menswear and certainly can dress women of all types. What Not To Wear on TLC was one of my early exposures to understanding both the significance of what clothing has to say and its power to impact one's appearance.

Besides him - other notable men in this sphere? I'm not such a big fan of Tim Gunn. He styled my wife once and didn't do that great of a job.

I remarked to my wife as we were watching What Not to Wear last week that he appeared to be wearing pants with much wider leg openings than I thought advisable. Maybe it's a thing with him. Most if the time he looks at least alright, though.

I think Tim Gunn always looks sharp as hell. I'm not sure about how he styles women, but he dresses himself extremely well. And he always looks perfectly comfortable. Very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      I remarked to my wife as we were watching What Not to Wear last week that he appeared to be wearing pants with much wider leg openings than I thought advisable. Maybe it's a thing with him. Most if the time he looks at least alright, though.

I think Tim Gunn always looks sharp as hell. I'm not sure about how he styles women, but he dresses himself extremely well. And he always looks perfectly comfortable. Very impressive.
      Than is advisable? Why, because it's hazardous? LOL. Seriously, style is not advisable or inadvisable. There are some guidelines but other than that you have to make it your own. Clinton does his own thing and he looks good--I wouldn't copy his style myself. He has a very urban, nontraditional, slightly trendy style.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        Than is advisable? Why, because it's hazardous? LOL. Seriously, style is not advisable or inadvisable. There are some guidelines but other than that you have to make it your own. Clinton does his own thing and he looks good--I wouldn't copy his style myself. He has a very urban, nontraditional, slightly trendy style.
        Um, OK. I didn't use the phrase "wearing pants with too wide a leg opening" because that would have implied that there was some iron clad rule he was breaking, which I do not believe to be the case. If we're being pedantic, though, so be it. Allow me to be as specific as I possibly can: "...he appeared to be wearing pants with much wider leg openings than I would have advised him to wear." Better?

Comment

Meh. Okay.

Comment

Back when WNTW was first on, they actually had dudes on the show (very occasionally). I watched for that, and when they stopped making-over dudes, I watched to see what Clinton was wearing.

I wouldn't consider him a style icon, but he was one of the few consistently well-dressed men on TV if you were trying to figure out men's style in the early to mid-2000s.

Based on googling him for a couple minutes just now, it's interesting to see that the fits he wears are so conservative (long and loose) when he wears them in a relatively non-traditional way (lots of patterns, colors, and mix-and-match of jackets and trousers).
            Ben

Comment

Sorry - I forgot to follow up. Tim Gunn does dress sharp.

I wish WNTW would style dudes, but I'm sure that's all dictated by ratings.

Comment

Working...
              X