White Jeans Versus White Linen Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Jeans Versus White Linen Pants

So I just got a coupon in the mail for JCP, for $10 off of $25, which I think is a pretty good deal. I am trying to decide between getting white linen pants or white jeans. Both look pretty good and are $20 after the coupon. Part of me thinks the white linen pants will probably go for cheaper since they are more of a seasonal item.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/pants...bCatId=&regId=

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jcp%2...bCatId=&regId=

P.S. I would totally use it for some of their Stafford Button downs but I already ordered the other day a couple of their shirts that are on sale.

Linen is terrible, especially for pants. Five minutes after you put them on, they're all wrinkles.

Comment

Don't have white ones but I personally love my linen and linen blend pants.
      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just say no to linen.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          Linen is terrible, especially for pants. Five minutes after you put them on, they're all wrinkles.
          To each their own. I'll take wrinkles over sweaty thighs in 100┬║ heat

Comment

Okay. I guess if you're out in the heat all day, linen makes sense. I guess then it's more a matter of function than looks anyway.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a pair of linen pants as well. Weird how those ones say cotton in the description. Waiting until I can see them in stores.

They also have another pair of linen pants but these are described as linen but at least partially polyester lined: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/pants...=SearchResults
              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I'm in the linen fan club. When it's over 100 degrees outside anything covering your legs other than linen is near torture. Over mid-90's, I go linen or shorts and well, shorts aren't an option for work.
                Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                  Don't have white ones but I personally love my linen and linen blend pants.
                  Oh. What color do you have them in?

Comment

I have two pairs. One is slightly off-white (maybe sand colored?) and the other pair is green (kind of a grass green color). Both are from Lands' End. The great thing with them is you can choose the inseam in 1/4" increments. I don't see the exact pair I bought on there yet this year, but they are similar to these (http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-plai...ml?sku_0=::WP6)
                    Pretty sure mine are 100% linen though and not a blend.
                    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

?

Looking wrinkled is one of the many charms of linen. Linen is meant to look a bit rumply and unkempt.

I would personally steer clear of white pants, whether linen or cotton. It will look dirty the moment you sit down on something. Off-white, like a light wheat or stone color, is a better choice if you can find it.

I have linen pants in navy and off-white and wear them in the summer when I don't explicitly need to be in court.
                      Ben

Comment

White denim in hot weather sounds like a persuasion technique used at Gitmo

Comment

Linen: It Sucks

Comment

That is pretty funny.

But I've never had linen pants look like :45 without crumpling them into a ball and having a stampede of coyotes trample over them.

And I think :30 looks a lot better than :00.

If you want pants that stay firmly pressed, polyester is great.

Comment

:45 has never happened to me, ever, in all my days of linen-wearing.

:15 and :30 look great. Minus the weird bootcut fit of the pants to begin with, of course.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X