Vineyard Vines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vineyard Vines

They're not really a nationwide retailer, and they definitely appeal to a niche market, but I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on Vineyard Vines?

I know they're expensive and I've been kicking myself for a couple weeks for leaving a Vineyard Vines shirt I found at a Savers behind after looking up the prices on eBay. Only thing I've ever seen from them anywhere, and it seemed really nicely made (although way too big for me).

Comment

I have a few friends who wore some of it in college. In my opinion its a brand for someone who likes that super preppy look. Some of there stuff does look good, but they also have a decent amount of choices that would probably look out of place anywhere but the Martha's Vineyard area where they are located. (Just check out their "Holiday Harmon Pants") I think it's a little like Ralph Lauren Rugby, where they have some good things but also have some pretty gaudy stuff. I can't comment on the quality though.

Comment

Personally, I find it to be a dated preppy look. There is a store located near me here in Florida and I always just keep seeing big cuts. It just looks like the sleeves and shirts are too long and it isn't sharp looking. Not into it, and as amiller said, it is intended to be super preppy, hence their own use of the word preppy on more than one occasion.

Not a fan, not interested in becoming one.

Comment

I went to high school on Chicago's North Shore, which is a collection of affluent suburbs. All throughout high school I saw those whale polos, but never knew what brand they were. I guess you learn something new every day.

Comment

I have one Vinyard Vines dress shirt. I would compare it to Polo. Decent quality and pattern for the price (after a deep discount), but it is a little too boxy. In fact I probably won't wear it again until I get it tailored. After quickly browsing their website just now, I can't find any mention of "slim" or "fitted" styles which even Old Navy has at this point.

As far as the polos go, I knew a lot of frattier people who wore them, but I'd much rather go with Lacoste at that price.

Comment

I first saw them on "How I Made My Millions".

Their ties are pretty atrocious to me. I can't get into the whole animal print thing.

Some of their shirts have nice patterns, but I've heard they are boxy and ill-fitting (confirmed by the user above). But I imagine that is nothing a tailor can't fix.

Long story short, some of the individual pieces are okay but it's not a brand I would bother searching for.

Comment

They used to be a MA company which tailored to the PREPs, there are like 3 stores in the Boston area, they are far too expensive. I think thier quality is like BB.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                X