Leave trees in rarely worn shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave trees in rarely worn shoes?

I just recently started using shoe trees, which isn't unusual since I rarely wear dress shoes. Which made me wonder - if I wear any given pair about once a month, should I leave trees in them? Or just put it in for a few days, then return them to their box? I'm wondering if leaving them in too long could somehow stretch the leather out too much, or if it's just not necessary and a waste of money (vs rotating trees with whatever I'm wearing)

I leave trees in all my leather shoes and they don't stretch any of them out. I assume your trees are the cedar, spring-set? I have a plastic part that could stretch a shoe (I wish it would!).

Can't speak to the other part - not sure if it's a "waste" to leave it in to shoe after a couple days once the moisture is gone. I'm too lazy to rotate them so I just buy new trees as I buy shoes.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

trash, you should leave the trees in the shoes. The trees keep the leather from creasing permanently (and therefore cracking or splitting).

Comment

Just got 3 shoe trees from Jos a Bank's sale and was wondering the same thing. Thanks.

Comment

I also leave all my dress shoes and some boots with the shoes trees in them at all times. As previous people have stated above, I purchase shoe trees as I purchase new shoes that require them. I leave them in the shoes as well as leave the shoes in most of the boxes. I have not noticed any unwanted stretching occurring from any of the shoes.

Comment

I had that happen to a pair of loafers - I ended up with two lines in the leather from where the "edges" of the split in the toe part was. I was able to get this out fairly easily, but it was annoying.

Comment

I always leave them in as well

Comment

Working...
              X