Frank and Oak Langley Knit Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank and Oak Langley Knit Blazer

I have been thinking about picking up the Frank and Oak Langley Knit Blazer: http://www.frankandoak.com/product/9173

I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with this item specifically, and Frank and Oak more generally. I've never ordered from them and was wondering about their ease of return, in case I don't like the item, as well as whether their blazers have any sizing quirks I should be aware of. Thanks.

Returns are easy and free but they take a while usually a few weeks to process and you get credit back instead of a refund to your card.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I've been dealing with them for a couple months now and have a few items i'm really fond of. I have not had any problems with returns, when i was out of town for a few weeks and missed the return window I sent an email asking them to make an exception for me and they were cool about it. Their shirts tend to run slimmer than most, usually I'm in mediums but with them I'm a large. I don't know about their blazers yet, but according to Fed Ex I'll have one tomorrow. I'll check back in and share my thoughts then.

Comment

I have several items from them and do like the free shipping as a Hunt Club member and the easy returns (for credit). I bought a corduroy blazer from them back in the fall. The length is definitely short and it is a pretty slim fit. The shoulder pads are a bit thick, but I don't know if their newer blazers have the same design/fit. I usually wear a 38, and my F&O blazer is sized up to a 40.

Comment

Here's a quick review someone posted on the forums a while back - http://onesandtwos.tumblr.com/post/1...azer-frank-oak

I remember doing a bit of digging when I was considering an F&O blazer purchase, but I ultimately decided against it as a result of concerns over their length/fit on taller guys (I'm 6'1" but pretty lanky). The link above also connects to Graeme's review (whoever that is?...) and it looks like he had some major sizing issues (sleeves too short, etc) though I think it's obvious that he should have sized up. Anyway, hope this helps a bit.

Edit: Oh, and keep in mind that those reviews were posted around this time last year... so it's possible that F&O have heeded the concerns of their customers and since made adjustments. I'm out of the loop, however, so I have no idea if that's the case.
          Last edited by Eric F; March 13, 2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I've tried about 6 of their blazers and had to send them all back. They are designed for skinny people. If you have an athletic build, forget about it. Also they do run short. I'm 5'8" and the body was shorter than all my other blazers. Their sizing is also very inconsistent so it's a crapshoot IMO. I tried it at $50 but at this price you can find BR and jcrew factory blazers if you catch the right sale and those are much better.

Comment

What he said. I'm 5'9" 170, reasonably athletic and found very few items that fit well in several orders. I did find one blazer(out of 6 or 7) that fits true to size and I do wear it fairly often
              Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I've tried about 6 of their blazers and had to send them all back. They are designed for skinny people. If you have an athletic build, forget about it. Also they do run short. I'm 5'8" and the body was shorter than all my other blazers. Their sizing is also very inconsistent so it's a crapshoot IMO. I tried it at $50 but at this price you can find BR and jcrew factory blazers if you catch the right sale and those are much better.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations everybody. Based upon the concerns with fit and the fact they only give store credit for refunds, I am going to pass on this blazer and look elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X