ON Outerwear Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON Outerwear Sale

Thinking about picking up one. What should I get?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/catego...&clink=4050458

the duffle coat looks interesting, but I tried it on in store and it was a bit too big for me (though I'm puny). I like the look of the barn jackets and the 2-in-1 twills, not bad deals with the extra 25% off.

I was looking at the top coat since I need one, but I saw a one star review of it a day or two ago that said it looked and felt horrible up close. I just noticed that the review is gone now, either old navy pulled it or the reviewer changed his mind?

Comment

What do you have already?

Blazer?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=73914&vid=1&pid=872755&scid=8727550 12

Or the 2 in 1 Twill?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=879322002

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I have the topcoat, I'm no expert but I think the quality is fine for O.N. and will perform well for me. I'm bout to grab a toggle coat next. 25% off is nice and free ship seals the deal for me. My .02

Comment

I tried on the duffle coat in person and I thought the fit was great (though I was trying it on over a suit jacket). They had a grey one in-store. I think I'm going to print out the coupon and go hunting tomorrow. $50 for a wool blend winter coat is a steal. And the quality seemed ok.

Ben

Comment

@moe, how was the fit of the topcoat? Old Navy size small still runs kind of big on me, but the product details say it's "slightly fitted" so it might be all right.

Comment

I was really hoping to get a new toggle coat this year. If the ON one is anything like its Gap cousin I just got in the mail but will be returning, don't expect much for the price. The Gap one is also a wool blend but has more wool. It's definitely quite warm. It is true to size with one exception. With the square shoulders, it's pretty hard to lift your arms over your head. The stitching is sloppy with multiple areas of string hanging off the stitches. And the lining is pure polyester garbage. Not bad for a $60 jacket. The Gap one was $100 on sale, and left much to be desired. You get what you pay for.

Comment

@ Samuel - And... do you do a lot of lifting your arms above your head while wearing winter outerwear? Are you trudging through the swamps of Vietnam with a rifle over your head or what?

Ben

Comment

@ Trash - I have to go with a big size but the fit is more than acceptable,but it is a tad bit on the large side. Calling it "slightly fitted" seems right though I'm not sure how the cuts differ between big and standard sizes. That said, I'm happy with the topcoat and feel it will prove very versatile.

Comment

@ BenR - You never know what you'll have to do in the middle of winter. That's why it's important to me to have a wide range of motion in my winter jacket. While returning my GAP duffle coat I stopped at Old Navy to check out their's. It had a much better stitching job and fit much better in the shoulders. Sure it has less wool but it was still pretty warm in the store. I ended up buying it on the spot using my 25% off coupon along with several henleys, a pair of work pants, a henley sweatshirt, a grey cardigan, and a wicking polo. All for the price of the GAP coat. Not bad!

Comment

Thanks for the tip Samuel. I just picked up (4) classic v neck t's, (3) ringer t's, (1) waffle knit henley, (1) long sleeve t, and (1) long sleeve active shirt for $63 shipped w/ ONSAVE25 (good until 11/4).

I wish this toggle sweater would go on sale:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=174168002

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X