Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sal_orlando
    replied

I was at DSW last month and saw some Clarks DBs labeled as Bushacre but with crepe soles. Hadn't seen that before.

BTW mine have gotten a bit more comfortable over time. I just have to check them because sometimes after a few hours the laces can loosen a bit and if that happens it's not good.

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    replied

I'd suggest trying them on if you can. I'm a pretty normal 9D, and tried on both the 8.5 and 9D.

8.5D felt very tight.

9D felt slightly loose

I went with the 9D, and they are just fine with thicker socks. I'm not sure if the 8.5 would have stretched/loosened up over time or not, but they were rather uncomfortable on first try.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

Congrats! I wore mine yesterday and for the most part they were comfortable until around hour 8 or so when they started rubbing on the back of my ankles a bit. I think eventually they get a bit looser and the shoelaces need to be retied, but I was ready to take them off at that point anyway. Maybe something to keep in mind though.

Leave a comment:

• VinnyV
    replied

Thanks guys. Will do.

I'm wearing them to work today with jeans (casual friday).

They started hurting the back of my ankle. So now I have them undone under my desk and I'm kinda just pressing down on the leather with my feet. I know they'll be totally worth it in the future tho lol.

I'm wearing high thick socks today too.

I'll try to get some pics by the end of the day. My gf spilled a couple drops of her coffee on my boot this morning so yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Tat
    replied

Grats VinnyV, you will love the beeswax clarks! As BenR has mentioned, update us on Pics and how the shoes feel to you as you wear them more.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

Congrats on your new purchase. Wear them in good health. (And don't forget to post pics!) :-)

Leave a comment:

• VinnyV
    replied

Hey fellas so heres an update.

After work today I took a trip down to Nordstrom Rack in Manhattan and I found a pair of Clarks Beeswax Bushacres for 59 dollars. They normally sell them for 64 but they put the wrong tags on the boots and I called them out on it and they gave it to me for 59.

So um I wore them and they feel great. I bought them in a size 11. They fit perfectly, they're comfy and I wore them out in the rain just for the heck of it. I sprinted across the street and I felt good.

So yeah. I'm a Clarks Boot guy now.

Leave a comment:

• MagM
    replied

I love DBs. I'm normally a 13. Couldn't even get my foot in a 12, but the 13 worked great for me.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

Vinny -

I am a 9.5 E but the 9 D can fit me in the dessert boots.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

Trash, they seem to vary in terms of comfort. I have really only worn them a few times since and they've been fine, but I didn't walk all around San Francisco in them like I did they day I got the blister. Probably the wrong shoe choice for that day, though I had no way of knowing that was what the day had in store. Anyway I probably haven't worn them enough to really stretch them yet, if they are going to.

As far as waterproofing, I have suede but for beeswax a lot of people on Styleforum are reporting success with Mink Oil.

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

@Sal, I sized down my bushacres by a half as well, and also had heel problems and toe box tightness. did they get more comfortable after a few wears? I only wore mine a couple of times because of the discomfort. I was going to shove a slightly-too-big shoe tree in them to try and stretch them out a bit.

also, any thoughts on whether I should waterproof them? I got caught in a bit of rain in mine (beeswax bushacres) and it seemed like they're slightly porous, though they looked fine after drying out.

@Vinny, the bushacres have synthetic rubber soles instead of natural crepe rubber. from what I've read, crepe soles are softer, but wear out faster and have poor traction on wet surfaces. I think the color contrast of the crepe looks cool, but I wouldn't have nearly double for them myself. from what I've read the upper leather is the same, though I feel like the bushacres in beeswax don't look as deep/rich as the crepe soled beeswax, but you could probably address that with some polish.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Scooter
    replied

"Definitely far from the most comfortable shoes around, but they are nice for what they are. No problems with straight leg jeans."

I got gray bushacres about during the summer, and I have to say that they are almost the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on. I suppose it depends on whose foot it is.

OP: I wear 9s, 9.5s, or 10's depending on the brand, and the 9s fit me great in bushacres, which I assume fit the same as the regular desert boots. Sizing down 1/2 should work.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

Oh BTW check this where someone posted pics for comparison:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/27461/cl...boots/5600_100

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

Vinny, I think the main difference with the Bushacre is the sole is rubber instead of crepe. Should last longer at the expense maybe of being less soft...I don't have anything else to compare them to though myself.

I think the stitching and eyelets may be less contrasty on the bushacres also, at least mine seem that way. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• VinnyV
    replied

@Sat I'm looking at the bushacres and I can't find a difference between those and the regular desert boots. Except that they're cheaper and apparently everyone says they're more comfortable.

Now this has become an entirely new dilemma for me. I think I need to go around and shop for some.

But yeah I know to size down now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X