Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bremersm
    replied
    Not sure why but I just don't like OCBDs. It is simply the OCBD with tie look that kills it for me.

On topic I have no clue why I gave two pairs of black shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Margotron
    replied
    I'll take your ratio OCBDs! I wear them with jeans, chinos, etc. Also view them as fairly casual

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    I think you're overthinking the OCBD. It's casual enough to wear with pretty much anything. I actually usually wear my other shirts and save the OCBD's for times when I need something versatile that won't clash with whatever else I'm wearing.

Leave a comment:

• MattRicketts
    started a topic "Wardrobe staples" you never wear

"Wardrobe staples" you never wear

For me it's white and light blue OCBDs. Since making a concerted effort to improve my style last June I've obtained two of each (including a white OCBD from Ratio) but find that given the choice between a basic OCBD and my LE Canvas chambray work shirt or plaid J Crew Factory shirt I'll choose the latter most days. Now, I work in a more casual office than most here and also work outdoors quite a bit, so maybe I just need to realize that much of the "classic menswear" advice given on sites like Put This On and here needn't apply to me for my day to day wardrobe. I know this is part of the learning process for finding your personal style, but it's still frustrating on days like today where I attempted to pair a light blue jcp OCBD (going for classic field clothing look) with rugged khaki work pants (Ben Davis) for working in the field and failing miserably because they don't match at all (shirt suited to office, pants to field). Does anyone else go through this crap?
Working...
X