Shoes for wide feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoes for wide feet?

Everyone is very opinionated about what shoes they like the best, but most of them seem to have one thing in common. Unnaturally pointy toes, and/or the lack of a wide option.

The closest thing I have right now that is comfortable and not a 'sneaker' is a pair of classic doc martens. Not always appropriate, so suggestions would be great for something better than sneaks that I can wear often.

What's your budget and your size? Allen Edmonds makes shoes up to a EEE width. My Florsheim Gaffneys are plenty roomy.

Comment

Size 8.5, probably $200 max. However, I'm more worried about fit due to width and toe taper.

Comment

Have you measured your foot along the widest part to see if you have a wider foot that the traditional D width?

Allen Edmonds Printable Guide:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/AllenEdmonds/upload/images/spots/Getting_the_right_fit.jpg

Florsheim (click the Size Conversion Chart link on any shoe):

http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12071.html

According to those charts, one of my feet is a bit wide for an 11D; I should be buying 11EEEs. However, the Florsheim Hawley in 11D fits me fine. Once you figure out if you run wide, then you can look at other options.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Thanks for the guide link, according to that I'm definitely an 8.5 and a 2E width.

Comment

darn, 2E is the size that most brands tend to not carry in store (usually E and EEE)

Comment

Which is probably why I have a tough time finding real shows that fit. Sneakers can at least bulge above the sole easily.

Comment

It's pretty hard to find any kind of non standard widths usually

Comment

Looks like I'm going to find a Red Wing outlet around here and try on a few. EE's are a standard size with them. Liking the Black and Amber Iron Rangers from pictures.

Comment

+1 to the amber iron rangers. Love them.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

bnerd, Florsheim makes 2E shoes as del I believe.

Comment

I didn't see any Florsheim's I liked, mostly because all the toe boxes look like they have too much of a taper for my feet.

Comment

Working...
                        X