This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting for spring/summer suede shoes!

Hi all, I'm on the hunt for a pair of brown suede shoes for the upcoming spring/summer season. I currently have a pair of Aston Grey wingtips (from a Nov. 2011 post by Joe) and have loved and have gotten endless use out of them, but because they're of only moderate build quality the wear and tear has been starting to show. I picked them up for just a bit over $60 if I remember correctly and I'm aiming to spend around $150 on this next pair (with some movement toward $200 as necessary).

I have a few specifics that I'm looking for:

- I'd like a wingtip/cap toe and would like to stay away from longwings.

- I prefer sleeker shoes with narrower toe-boxes (Italian?) over their clunkier English counterparts. I actually resisted pulling the trigger on the snuff suede Neumoks during the AE sale because I was worried they didn't quite have the profile I was looking for.

- I'm leaning toward a dark, chocolate brown rather than the lighter browns/tans.

---

Here's what I'm working with:

Aston Grey Concord

I'm liking the look of these:

To Boot Windsor

C&J Drummond (on left)

Not sure of the brand here

---

Can something like this be had in the ~$150 range? If so, any suggestions/tips so I can head in the right direction?

For a decent shoe $150, your best bets will likely be Cole Haan, To Boot New York (FWIW, I got a pair of TBNY snuff suede wings from Saks Off Fifth for $160 after tax), or eBay.

Comment

Working...
    X