how much sock to show when sitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much sock to show when sitting?

I'm just curious what the rule is. I have a pair of bonobos that has a good half break when standing, but when I sit down it can show around 2-3 inches of sock.

Nothing wrong with that, especially if you have cool socks

Comment

Yeah, I don't think there's a limit to how much sock you can show. The important thing is that your pants are the correct length when standing.

The one thing you should be wary about with socks is to make sure they are long enough. Unless you're going the casual sockless route, you should wear socks long enough to cover up your legs while seated. That unsightly gap of skin between the bottom of your pant hem and the top of your sock is the male equivalent of the bare midriff - it just looks sloppy and unprofessional.

Ben

Comment

YUP. As long as sock is what they're seeing while you sit, you're good to go.

Comment

Agree with the other fellas. On the note of cool socks, Target has some new Merona ones out for winter that are pretty nice. Also, the gap's socks are great this season. Lots of good stripes and patterns.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I concur!! Make sure the length is correct when you're standing and don't worry on the amount shock showing when seated.

Comment

Working...
            X