TM Lewin - Dress Shirt Sale, $40 ea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM Lewin - Dress Shirt Sale, $40 ea

From what I read online, it seems like some folks over at Styleforum think TM Lewin shirts are a step up to Charles Tyrwhitt. Free UK/US returns. Same deals: Ā£100 / 4 shirts + S/H to US work out to about $40/shirt. Spotted code BUTTONS online for 10% off on top of that (may / may not work).

From the TM Lewin site, it seems like you have a lot of fit options. From slimmest to widest:

John Francomb Classic Fully Fitted < Non-Iron Slim Fit < Windsor Slim Fit < The St.James Slim Fit < Duke Of York Slim Fit < Windsor Regular Fit < The Buckingham Slim Fit < Prince Of Wales Regular Fit

That's a lot of options. I normally buy the Neiman Marcus Trim fit at ~$30 / ea and I'm lookingfor other options in that range. I'm 6'1, 205lbs, and normally wear 16.5 x 35 (41/42 jackets, 35" waist on dress pants).

Anyone have experience?

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

wow thats alot of options for different fits. Hopefully someone here has experience and they can guide us correctly.

Comment

Well, their size guide is fairly detailed:

http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Your-Size/Your-Size,en_GB,pg.html

I think I will give the fully fitted a try.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Reports on Lewin's superiority to CT are mixed. And Lewin's non-irons are 4 for 140 GBP, while CT is/was 4 for 100 GBP, plus a tie.

Both CT and Lewin have limited sleeve lengths, and tailoring costs a few extra bones. Consider choosing the maker that doesn't require any alteration of the sleeves.

Comment

Working...
        X