Got dissed about my tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heister View Post
    That's because the Average American is a fat slob. When you add in the fact that Americans like to keep things as casual as possible, it is usually a recipe for hideous outfits.

IE http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
    LMAO, that made my day lol
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

The PoW pictures are always so bizarre that I have to wonder if they're not just made up. Admittedly I go to WalMart only very rarely, and I see some pretty bad sartorial examples there, but I never see anything as bizarre as these pictures.

Comment

People love bragging about all the compliments they get, but can't handle criticism. On one hand, as our mothers used to say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." On the other hand, if you want to get honest opinions, you have to be open to both. I say, take what you want (from both compliments and criticisms), don't worry about the rest, and don't let it get to you either way. You're striving for a personal style, and besides, it's not like the compliments you get are necessarily well-informed opinions either...

Comment

Originally posted by onerany View Post
          People love bragging about all the compliments they get, but can't handle criticism.
          This criticism I found funny. There are people whose criticism would upset me more, because I like their style. Thinking of a couple female friends in particular who dress very well (one's in finance, the other in advertising).

Comment

People love bragging about all the compliments they get, but can't handle criticism. On one hand, as our mothers used to say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." On the other hand, if you want to get honest opinions, you have to be open to both. I say, take what you want (from both compliments and criticisms), don't worry about the rest, and don't let it get to you either way. You're striving for a personal style, and besides, it's not like the compliments you get are necessarily well-informed opinions either...
            Totally agree....if we accept the compliments 100% but not the criticism we are not being honest with ourselves. I tend to know which demographic I am trying to impress and give greater weight to them. Though in the end, how comfortable I am wearing something is the final arbiter for me. My wife for example likes far louder color combinations than do I. I try to incorporate louder combinstions occasionally to appease her, but my natural inclination is far more conservative so that is where most of my outfits reside.

Comment

if you want to get honest opinions, you have to be open to both [compliments and criticisms].
              I'm not trying to be glib when I say that I don't want honest opinions from unsolicited comments on my clothing. The demand for civility, tact, and decorum make receiving (or giving) unsolicited honest opinions highly undesirable. If I were looking for honest feedback, I'd ask someone whose opinion I value and trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                The PoW pictures are always so bizarre that I have to wonder if they're not just made up. Admittedly I go to WalMart only very rarely, and I see some pretty bad sartorial examples there, but I never see anything as bizarre as these pictures.
                They're definitely real, someone I'm vaguely acquainted with was posted there once. (A friend of a friend who showed up wearing pseudo-Japanese "lolita" stuff.)

Comment

Working...
                X