Spring/Summer Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring/Summer Blazer

So I'm looking for a cotton blazer for the spring & summer. I am looking for something that is a little more formal and would work with a pair of cotton trousers from Gap that I got last spring. I was thinking maybe this (it's the best thing that I've found so far):

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=235821002

I also thought about the claiborne cotton stretch jacket but it is peak lapel, and I don't know how I feel about that for a blazer.

I'm basically looking for something a little more formal than the merona kensington. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Teej; February 13, 2013, 08:40 PM.

There are a lot of things I like about that blazer, however, I'm not a fan of the elbow patches. I don't see any added value in them, but that may be just a matter of taste.

Comment

Go for it. Navy is mandatory. 3-roll-2 is interchangeable with the workhorse 2 button. Birdseye is interesting without being "that one jacket Teej has".

I sew elbow patches on everything, including t-shirts. It comes down to personal preference.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the elbow patches but they are the same fabric as the jacket so they don't stand out too much. I really am just looking for something that would be a little dressier for the summer in cotton (i've got a wool blazer but that's a no go, and linen is too expensive). Any other suggestions? Basically I want a navy cotton sport coat that is dressier than the kensington.

Comment

I would just walk into a store and try on a bunch and get what fits best. BR/H&M/Uniqlo/Goodwill. Those have served me well.

Comment

I have that BR jacket and I like it. However, it's fairly thick for a summer jacket. I haven't worn It on a warm day, but I'm expecting to be good for spring, less so for summer. And for the record, I like the elbow patches.

Comment

Thick cotton doesn't breathe well, so you might want to consider a cotton/linen blend if 100% linen is not an option. I thrifted my navy cotton/linen blazer (made by BR), so I don't know how they typically compare in terms of cost, though.

Comment

I've got that jacket and I really like it. Depending on where you live, it will, like Shomas said, likely be a bit too thick. I can't imagine wearing it when it's over 80 degrees outside. And also, you forget about the elbow patches once you put it on. They're basically unnoticeable.

Comment

Working...
                X